Disney has always been a pro at pulling at our heartstrings. It comes as no surprise that of all of the many diverse Animated feature film topics, Disney has chosen man’s best friend as their main character. Now, this list could be much, MUCH longer if we chose every single animated film that mentioned or featured a sidekick of our favorite four-legged companion. Some honorable mentions are Nana from Peter Pan, Bruno from Cinderella, Percy from Pocahontas, and much much more! So curl up with your best fur friend tonight and watch one of these great Disney classics!
- Lady and the Tramp (1955)
- He’s a tramp, but we love him. Lady and the Tramp was the first dog-focused Disney Film to hit screens and fans loved it. With a budget of 4 million, the film would go on to make 93.6 million domestically. This would solidify, yes, in fact, Americans DO love dogs! If it has been some time since you’ve seen the film, Lady and Tramp are not the only dogs in this film – dogs of all shapes and sizes are featured. Lady: a cocker spaniel, Trusty: a bloodhound, Jock: a Scottish terrier, and Peg: a crossbreed – but we love them all the same!
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)
- Maybe close your pup’s eyes for this one! One Hundred and One Dalmatians is the classic tale of Cruella DeVille seeking out a dalmatian-fur coat and being hellbent to get one. Luckily the pups in this film are resourceful and use their dog network to get out of harm’s way. Dalmatians are not the only dog featured in this film. They’re helped out by some Black Labradors, as well as a Bloodhound and a Sheepdog!
- The Fox and the Hound (1981)
- We love a loyal hound dog and The Fox and the Hound has one of the best. Copper is a hound dog (half bloodhound per the novel), that becomes friends with a inquisitive and fun-loving little fox. Bound by his duty and love of his owner – we see Copper wrestle between his head and his heart in this heart-wrenching film. There is a reason it is loved by so many, and if you haven’t seen this film before, prepare yourself by having a box of tissues at the ready. Maybe call your best friend afterwards.
- Oliver & Company (1988)
- When an orphan kitten befriends a street-savy pup named Dodger, an unlikely friendship grows between the two. It’s not long until Dodger introduces Oliver to his band of friends – a chihuahua named Tito, a Great Dane named Einstein, a Saluki named Rita, and a bulldog named Francis. Though they need a bit of time to warm up to this newcomer, the group bands together to protect and help their new friend – and we love a story of everyone coming together!
- Bolt (2008)
- A White Swiss Shephard named Bolt is a star of a hit TV series where he believes that he has all the powers he has in the show. He’s hit with a clash with reality when Bolt is pulled from his former reality and has to come to terms with the fact that his isn’t like the television show he has been apart of this entire time. If you love a mans best friend film – while also figuring out that the real you is what matters, this film is perfect for you.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- 10 Christmas Disney Films and Shorts to Watch this Holiday Season - December 2, 2022
- Star Wars Films (and Shows) in Chronological Order - November 29, 2022
- Celebrating the Timeless Classic: The Land Before Time - November 25, 2022