When it comes to planning a Disneyland vacation, the question that comes up the most frequently is whether or not to stay at one of the neighboring Anaheim resort or at one of Disneyland’s three onsite properties. When it comes to the Christmas Season, we think the answer is an easy one as Disney adds a lots of wonderful Christmas touches to ensure that your holiday visit really feels like your home away from home. So whether you’re planning a last-minute visit in 2017 or thinking ahead to next year’s Holiday Season, here are 6 reasons why we think you’ll want tostay at one of Disney’s three fantastic properties.
1.Amazing Christmas Trees and Holiday Decor – If there’s one season where Disneyland definitely pulls out all the stops, it’s Christmas. Each of the hotels are adorned perfectly with their own special holiday theming. Pictured above, Disney’s Grand Californian Resort and Spa features decorations that are in keeping with the Craftsman-inspired decor. From garlands infused with natural materials to a towering Christmas tree ornamented with arts and crafts, the lobby at Christmas is a beauty to behold. The same applies to Disney’s other two onsite properties. Over at the Disneyland Hotel, it’s all about retro holiday glamour with silver trees and bright decorations and at Disney’s Paradise Pier decorations are infused with delightful nautical theming.
2. Christmas Carolers: A Disneyland holiday tradition, Carolers will visit each of the three hotels throughout the Christmas Season to share their joyful repertoire of much-loved holiday classics.
3. Holiday Shopping at Your Doorstep – Staying at a Disneyland means that you are just steps away from Downtown Disney. Disneyland’s downtown shopping district offers an eclectic array of dining, entertainment and retails options making it the perfect place to find that last-minute Christmas gift. Highlights include the 40,000 square foot World of Disney Store as well as the D-Street Boutique. Other popular shopping destinations include Sephora, PANDORA Jewelry and Curl Surf.
4. To Check Out the”Grand” Gingerbread House – A culinary feat of gigantic proportions, each Holiday Season the Grand Californian unveils a giant gingerbread replica of the hotel itself. The masterpiece comes in at a towering 7.5 feet tall and is 12 feet wide. Each year its made with over 500 lbs of gingerbread as well as 60 gallons of frosting and icing. Just outside you’ll find a holiday card that serves up mouth-watering gingerbread creations as well as hot chocolate.
5. The Chance to Meet Santa Claus – Each of Disneyland’s three on-site hotels will receive a very special visitor during the holiday season. From November 17 through December 24th guests should be on the lookout for St. Nick who will be available to go over your Christmas wish list, find out if you’ve been naughty or nice and pose for photos.
6. Within Walking Distance of the Theme Parks – When all is said and done, there’s no place you’d rather be during at Disneyland Christmas than at the parks themselves. Each of Disney’s three onsite properties are a short walk to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure meaning you can enjoy all that the parks have to offer from festive parades and holiday treats to Festival of the Holidays and Christmas themed attractions like “it’s a small world” Holiday.
These are just a handful of the many reasons why there is no place more magical at Christmas than Disneyland Resort and its three onsite properties: Disney’s Grand Californian Resort and Spa, Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier.
To find out how you can make a Disneyland stay part of your Christmas plans, follow the steps below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of festive touches to make your destination Christmas truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 20 Things We Love About Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Its 20th Anniversary - April 22, 2018
- 6 Stunning Original Concept Art Images to Celebrate 20 Years of Animal Kingdom - April 21, 2018
- 8 Of Our Favorite Places to Have Brunch at Walt Disney World - April 21, 2018