Though much of the emphasis when visiting Walt Disney World’s four amazing theme parks is on thrill rides, attractions and meeting much-loved Disney characters, visitors planning out their Disney days will not want to miss their chance to see one of Disney’s spectacular stage shows. So which ones are worth sticking around for? To give you a bit of an introduction to Disney’s live entertainment options, here are 6 of our favorite stage shows at Disney.
Honorable Mention – Guardians of the Galaxy- Awesome Mix Live! – On offer at the American Gardens Theater in Epcot, this out-of-this-world seasonal musical event features Star-Lord, Gamora and an alien band from Xandar who will take you through many of the air-guitar worthy songs from Awesome Mix Vols 1. and 2! Head over to the American Pavilion before August 20, 2018. Taking place five times throughout the day, its the not-to-be-missed concert of the Summer! Rumor has it that you may even catch a glimpse of Little Groot! But don’t take our word for it. Pop by next time you are at Epcot and see for yourself! Performance times are as follows: 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM.
6. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular – What we love most about this live-action stunt show is that many parents have fond memories of seeing Indy and friends on stage during their childhood and are now able to pass this memory on to their children. Lucky for us, it is just as exciting now as it was then. Not only do guests get to see Indy make a grand entrance with the temple ruins as his backdrop, watch Marian make a dangerous escape and see a phenomenal ending complete with airplane; the show also charms us with its funny audience participation and lets us in on some behind the scenes secrets. You’ll definitely want to make it a part of your Hollywood Studios visit. Performances happen daily at 10:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:15 PM, 3:14 PM, 4:45 PM and 6:00 PM.
5. Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue – Rumor has it that this spectacular bit of Disney theater actually holds the title of the longest-running show in America. Whether its true or not, guests looking for an original evening out will not want to miss this fun-filled dinner complete with Vaudeville-style entertainment. Held at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, guests get to enjoy two hours of Wild West-themed dancing and singing while tucking into wonderful southern home-cooking like all-you-can-eat fried chicken and smoked BBQ ribs. Unlimited draft beer and sangria are also included for guests over the age of 21. The cost of this event ranges in price from $64- 72 for adults and $38-43 for children (ages 3-9). Guests on the Dining Plan can also use 2 table service credits to attend. There are performances daily at 4:00 PM, 6:15 PM and 8:30 PM. Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made via My Disney Experience of by calling 407.WDW.DINE.
4. UP! A Great Bird Adventure – One of the many things Animal Kingdom theme park does really well is the amazing array of spectacular live shows you’ll find available to visitors! One of our favorites is the All-New Up! A Great Bird Adventure. During this spectacular and educational production, Russell and his canine companion Dug set off on an adventure that sees them coming face-to-face with some pretty impressive feathered friends. During this production, you’ll learn about the fascinating behaviors and incredible talents of over 20 species of exotic birds! Performances take place several times throughout the day in the Asia section of the theme parks. Performances times are at 10:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM, 3:30 PM, 5:00 PM.
3. For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – The perfect stage show for fans to get their Frozen fix, this Sing-along production is a lot of fun and provides the perfect way to cool off and rest those weary feet while at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The show is narrated by a pair of ad-libbing Royal Historians who take visitors through a history of Arendelle including key scenes from the Frozen movie. Fans are encouraged to sing along which can be a wonderfully emotional experience for moms and dads. Favorite Frozen characters make an appearance including Anna, Elsa and Kristoff. Queen Elsa also uses her magical ice powers to make it snow in the theater which culminates in a magical moment you won’t soon forget. Performances are daily at: 9:30 AM
2. Finding Nemo – The Musical – We can’t say enough good things about this often overlooked Animal Kingdom stage show. Its remote location near DinoLand USA means many families don’t give it a go. But, if you have time during your next visit, seek it out. You won’t be sorry. What you’ll find is a delightful re-telling of the story of Nemo and his father set to music with a wonderful original score. What also makes this production truly unique is that puppets are used to recreate Nemo, Marlin, Dory and other much-loved characters from the film. The puppetry used in the production is so incredible you’ll spend most of the show smiling at the ingenuity. Performances take place daily at
1.Festival of the Lion King – This is Disney performance at its best. If you only have time to take in one of the amazing shows on our list make it this one. Festival of the Lion King rivals anything you’ll see on Broadway. Elements of circus, musical theater, and parades combine in a production so rich, vibrant and stimulating that it’s hard to take it all in. During the production the cast takes you through many of the key scenes from The Lion King film with musical highlights including The Circle of Life, Can You Feel the Love Tonight, and I Just Can’t Wait to Be King. Performances take place daily at 10:00 AM,
Next time you’re at Walt Disney World, we hope you’ll take some time away from those thrill rides and character greetings to give one of these spectacular performances a go!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 13 Seasonal Shots You’ll Want to Be Sure to Capture During Your Halloween Disneyland Visit - September 26, 2018
- Its Discount Day! Disney Releases Play, Stay and Dine and Room Discount Offer for Early 2019 - September 26, 2018
- Fall-Flavored Treats You Have to Try at Downtown Disney in Disneyland Resort - September 25, 2018