With all of the amazing snacks available at Walt Disney World, those on the hunt for Gluten Free options don’t need to look very far to uncover some tasty Disney treats. But to make things extra easy, we here at Disney Addicts have compiled our list of 10 Gluten Free Snacks that we think you’ll love.
1. Mickey Ice Cream Bars – The great thing about these mouse-shaped, chocolate-dipped ice cream treats is that you can find them just about everywhere. So next time you’re looking for a gluten free way to cool off during your hot Disney days be sure to give one a try. The cost is $5.00 or 1 Snack Credit
2. No Way Jose Sundae – Why we’re on the subject of ice cream, no gluten free list would be complete without this decadent treat found at Beaches and Cream at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort. The sundae is a delightful combination of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, chocolate sauce, chocolate morsels, whipped cream and comes topped with a cherry. It’s heaping portion size makes it perfect for sharing and there’s also a dairy free version available for guests. Those worried about cross contamination should also let your server know as they will specially prepare a version using new ice cream containers! At $9.50 it is the ultimate indulgence.
3. Big Fun Frosty – For those with dietary restrictions Erin McKenna’s is an absolute treasure trove of delicious goodies chief among them their vegan soft serve. There’s also a series of amazing gluten free toppings including cookies, brownies, donuts, caramel, chocolate sauce, or strawberry sauce. Costs range from $2.75 to $8.25 depending on size and toppings. Next time you’re at Disney Springs Marketplace be sure to seek out one of these delicious concoctions.
4. Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcake – While you’re at Disney Springs, be sure to stop by Sprinkles located in Town Center to try out one of their amazing Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes. At $4.25 it’s the perfect treat during a busy day of window shopping. This treat is made with gluten free flour and topped with cream cheese frosting.
5. Popcorn – Those preferring a more savory treat need look no further than the various popcorn vendors you’ll find throughout the theme parks. The popcorn at Disney is gluten free, dairy free and even vegan. However, guests should note that this applies to the standard variety. Those opting for toppings or for the pre-packaged options should pay careful attention to the ingredients.
6. Gluten Free Beignets – No visit to Disney’s Port Orleans Resort would be complete without grabbing a few of the heavenly beignets from Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory at French Quarter. Thankfully these treats can be whipped up gluten free and the beignets are fried separately meaning guests with celiac disease or gluten allergies can enjoy these tasty little squares of fried dough hot and fresh. Three beignets run $3.99 or go for half a dozen for $5.49.
7. Dole Whip – Another of Disney World’s most iconic treats is also perfect for those looking for gluten free options. Head on over to Aloha Isle to indulge in this delicious pineapple soft-serve and for an extra special treat, order a float brimming with pineapple juice. Dole Whips will set visitors back $4.49 for a cup for $5.49 for a float. They also fall under snack credits for those on the Disney Dining Plan.
8. Churros – That’s right, you read that correctly. Though the much loved doughy, cinnamon sweet Disney snack is typically off limits for those with a gluten allergy, Nomad Lounge located next door to Tiffins at Animal Kingdom Lodge is changing all that! Churros on the menu here are $9.00, come with strawberry chili and vanilla bean sauces and can be made gluten free! So next time you’re looking to escape the business of Pandora- The World of Avatar, sneak over and give them a try.
9. Snacks with Character – For guests looking for Gluten Free light bites or something to tide you over to that next character meal. Disney has teamed up with well know suppliers like Ocean Spray, Enjoy Life Foods, Way Better Snacks, and Wow Baking Company to create special pre-packaged Gluten Free snack options that can be picked up at various retail outlets throughout the parks and at Disney Springs. Prices vary but most can be covered by a Snack Credit for those on the Disney Dining Plan.
10. Le Fou’s Brew – Those looking for a nice gluten free way to cool down while traversing the Magic Kingdom should make a pit stop at Gaston’s Tavern and give a Le Fou’s Brew a try. This drink is a delightful combination of frozen apple juice with a hint of marshmallow and topped with a passion fruit foam. It’s the perfect beverage for strolling and sipping and will set visitors back $5.49 or a Disney Snack Credit.
We hope this 10 ten list will point you in the right direction next time you’re seeking out Gluten Free options at Walt Disney World. Do you have a favorite Gluten Free treat that hasn’t made our list? Let us know in the comments below.
Thinking about a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019