2017 was an amazing year for Disney foodies with an impressive array of eclectic treats showing up on both coasts. There were so many amazing dishes that we here at Disney Addicts couldn’t possibly keep count. However, we did take note of a handful of our favorites which you’ll find in our list of 10 memorable treats from 2017.
1. Cheshire Cat Tails – Cheshire Cafe – Magic Kingdom – (pictured) These colorful snacks being served up near the Mad Tea Party in Fantasyland are almost too pretty to eat. They’re comprised of a delicious chocolate pastry twist decorated with purple striped icing and go perfectly with an iced coffee!
2. Grey Stuff – Red Rose Taverne – Disneyland Park – Try the Grey Stuff it’s delicious! Red Rose Taverne opened its doors earlier this year serving up tasty Beauty and the Beast-inspired treats with a French flair. We think the standout is definitely this delicious dessert featuring a cookies and cream mousse!
3. Pineapple Lumpia – Pongu Pongu – Animal Kingdom – One of the new treats at Pandora: The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park is this delicious eggroll filled with a mouthwatering mixture of pineapple and cream cheese and rolled in sugar. You’ll find it at the POngu Pongu refreshment stand. Trust us, it’s delicious and definitely worth picking up to enjoy while waiting in those long Flight of Passage lines!
4. Groot Bread – Boudin Bakery – Disney California Adventure Park – We are constantly in awe of the amazing creations coming out of Boudin Bakery and this year was no exception. Throughout the year, the bakery offered bread in the shape of popular characters like Mickey, Mater, and Darth Vader. However, the one that definitely stole the show this year was their amazing Groot Bread which was the focus of many an Instagram post. We can’t wait to see what tasty creations that bakery comes up with in 2018.
5. Almond Frangipane Cake – International Festival of the Arts- Epcot – 2017 marked the debut of Epcot’s newest fest, The Epcot International Festival of the Arts which focuses on the visual, performing and culinary arts. Several food booths scattered around the parks created beautiful edible works of art like the one featured above. The Festival will be returning for its second year from January 12 – February 19, 2018 and we’re already excited to see the tasty treats that will be on offer.
6. Blackberry Beignets – Mint Julep Bar- Disneyland – The West Coast Mouse really wowed us this year with the amazing mickey-shaped beignet creations being served up at the Mint Julep Bar. Our favorites had to be the colorful Blackberry Beignets that were created to ring in the return of “Fantasmic.” Trust us when we say that they were melt-in-your-mouth delicious complete with blackberry sugar and sugar stars.
7. Dole Whip- Pineapple Upside Down Cake – Aloha Isle- Magic Kingdom – 2017 was the year when Dole Whips just got a whole lot better. Aloha Isle debuted a tasty dessert this year featuring the same Dole Whip you’ve come to know and love but sat atop a wonderful pineapple upside-down cake. This was definitely one of the culinary highlights of our year!
8. S’mores Churros – Disneyland Resort – Speciality churros were all the rage this year. As a matter of fact we devoted an entire post to them which you can check out here. Disneyland Resort gave us sour watermelon, pumpkin spice and peppermint hot chocolate versions. However, our favorite has to be the S’mores churros with marshmallow chocolate dipping sauce which you can find at both Disneyland theme parks.
9. Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse- Satu’li Canteen – Animal Kingdom – Satu’Li Canteen at Disney’s new Pandora: The World of Avatar expansion is known for serving up an impressive array of space aged looking dishes. Our favorite has to be this blueberry cream cheese mouse which is absolutely as tasty as it is beautiful.
10. Choza de Margarita – Epcot – The World Showcase got its newest eatery in the Mexican Pavilion and the buzz has been massive. Though their trademark is amazing Margaritas in a tantalizing array of varieties, for us the small bites stole the show. Our favorite is the Tacos al Pastor with grilled pork on fresh homemade corn tortillas with green tomatillo sauce, onion, pineapple and cilantro. It’s definitely worth making a pit-stop here during your next trip around the World Showcase.
These are just a small fraction of the amazing treats Disney introduced to the parks in 2017. Keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co for even more wonderful Disney treats coming your way in 2018.
Thinking about a visit to Disney next year? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019