It’s shaping up to be an incredible Fall at Walt Disney World Resort with more to see, do and explore than ever before. For guests visiting between now and the end of December, the biggest challenge is squeezing it all in. To give you a taste of what an exciting Autumn its shaping up to be, here’s our list of 10 of our Favorite Fall Must-Do’s:
1.Epcot’s 35th Anniversary Celebrations – For those lucky enough to be at Walt Disney World on October 1st, Epcot is definitely the place to be. Celebrate with other Disney-fans as the park celebrates its 35th Anniversary with fantastic concerts at the Fountain View Stage, a special IllumiNations evening fireworks display and for all those collectors some amazing 35th Anniversary “I was there” themed merchandise. Here’s to another amazing 35 years and we hope to see you there!
2. Check out Pandora- The World of Avatar – Its only been five short months since this new Animal Kingdom land themed after James Cameron’s Avatar franchise first opened its gates. Trust us when we say that this immersive, breathtaking land is Disney Imagineering at its best. Where else can you soar on the back of a banshee, sail down a majestic river in a bio luminescent rain forest or walk underneath floating mountains? There’s also the Satu’li Canteen, an amazing eatery serving up a fantastic mix of out-of-this-world dishes.
3. Dine Around the World at The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Disney’s annual celebration of all things culinary is running until November 13, 2017. Guests will enjoy an amazing array of workshops, seminars and other food related events. However, the real draw here are the 35 Global Marketplaces where visitors can sample a range of delicious dishes and drinks from around the world. Check out this article for further details about some of our favorite events happening at Food & Wine this year.
4. Happily Ever After – If its been a while since you’ve visited Walt Disney World or if you are planning your first visit, then you’ll definitely want to plan on at least one late night at Magic Kingdom to enjoy this new evening spectacular which already has a reputation for pulling on people’s heartstrings. This nighttime extravaganza features the latest special effects, castle projections, a powerful score and incredible pyrotechnics which come together for an evening send-off you’ll never forget. Consult the Times Guide during your Disney visit and definitely add it to your must-do list.
5. Disney’s Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend – We are only 40 days away from this fantastic runDisney event which takes place November 2-5. This year’s race promises to be fun for the whole family with Kids races as well as a 5K, 10K and a half marathon. Registration is still open so visit runDisney for further information on how to sign up!
6. Hit the Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Celebrate Halloween in style with this spooktacular soiree taking place at Magic Kingdom on select nights throughout September and October. On these special evenings guests can don their favorite costumes and enjoy a night of trick or treating as well as special events like “Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade,” the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular,” “Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular” and more.
Available dates are: September 22, 24, 26 and 29; October 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29 and 31; and November 1. Prices to attend the event range from $74 – $115 depending on dates. Visit Disneyworld.com/Halloween for more info. .
7. Attend an Eat to the Beat Concert – This year’s Eat to the Beat concert series features a whopping 32 bands including: Sugar Ray, Boyz II Men, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and more. Concerts are held at the America Gardens Theatre during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. For a list of artists participating for this years even check disneyworld.com.
Attendance at the concerts is included with Epcot theme park admission. However, those wanting VIP seating should looking into the Eat to the Beat Dining Package which combines a meal at one of Epcot’s amazing eateries with guaranteed concert seating. Find out more about the dining package here.
8. Check out Festival of the Holidays at Epcot – Disney has given a new name to the fantastic Christmas celebrations that kick off at Epcot each year. Now dubbed the Festival of the Holidays its the same fantastic and culturally immersive Christmas experience which includes storytelling from around the World, the amazing Candlelight Processional evening concerts, and the holiday-themed IllumiNations nightly fireworks display. They year’s festival will also have even more Holiday Kitchens on offer brimming with tasty holiday treats as well as a new Chip and Dale Christmas Tree Spree holiday-themed scavenger hunt. All of these definitely combine to make Epcot the place to be during the Christmas Season.
9. Get Your Tickets For Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – While we’re on the subject of Christmas at Walt Disney World, its not too late to get your tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party which kicks off on November 9th and will run through until December 22nd. Watch as Magic Kingdom is magically transformed into a Winter Wonderland and enjoy special party offerings like “Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade,” “Holiday Wishes” fireworks and more. Event dates are: November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28; and December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22.
Tickets can be purchased online at disneyworld.com and range in price from $89 – $109 depending on dates.
10. Enjoy the New Holiday Offerings at Hollywood Studios – Hollywood Studios is definitely upping the Christmas ante this year with the introduction of the new Sunset Seasons Greeting event held nightly starting on November 9th. This projection show will take place on Sunset Boulevard including projections onto the facade of the Tower of Terror. The projection show will feature much-loved Disney friends including the characters from Toy Story, Minnie and Mickey, The Muppets as well as Olaf. Other additions to the holiday celebrations at Hollywood Studios include the addition of Olaf to For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Singalong and as well as new Christmas decorations being added to the Echo Lake area of the park.
We hope you’ll be heading to Walt Disney World at some point during the remainder of 2017 to check out all of the amazing events on offer.
Thinking about a Halloween or Christmas visit to Disney World? There are still some great 2017 packages to be had and 2018 rates are now available. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Click here for your FREE no obligation quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on-hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I’ll work with you to create a bespoke itinerary perfectly tailored to the needs of your family. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019