There’s still time to get in on Disneyland’s 60th Diamond Celebration but it’s tick tock-ing away. With winter in full swing, let’s get you California dreaming stat! Here are 10 reasons to get planning now.
- Disneyland’s 60th Diamond Celebration celebrating Disneyland’s birthday. Beginning in May, 2015, Disneyland kicked off a year of celebration and there’s still time for you to celebrate too. Sleeping Beauty’s castle is all decked out in glittery fabulousness, as is Carthay Circle Theatre at Disney’s California Adventure Park. The birthday debuted an all-new fireworks extravaganza, Disneyland Forever, that is not to miss. Gather anywhere along Main Street U.S.A. because there is not a bad seat in the house.
- Paint the Night evening parade is also new. You will be dazzled with the amount of LED lights and great music. It’s amazing.
- World of Color- Celebrate! This is the newest World of Color show at Disney’s California Adventure, hosted by Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse. World of Color uses projected image, water and fire to tell the story. Don’t forget to wear your light-up ears. They participate in the show!
- Feel the magic and live the history. It’s the only Disney park that Walt walked in and enjoyed. Take the “Walk in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps” tour and feel the magic. Pay tribute to Walt with a picture of the forever-illuminated lamp burning from Walt’s apartment above the firehouse.
- Original rides! Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride only resides in Disneyland. Take a ride to Nowhere in Particular with great friends from the beloved story, The Wind in the Willows. Walt Disney told a reporter once that the only mister in Disneyland is Mr. Toad. Don’t forget to ride Alice in Wonderland. This ride will take you down a rabbit hole and into Alice’s world. Snow White’s Scary Adventures, Peter Pan’s Flight and Pinocchio’s Daring Journey round out the Fantasyland dark rides.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats take you on a gentle boat ride through Monstro the Whale past tiny storybook cottages made with incredible detail. This is also a favorite place to meet the famous Disneyland ducks. Kids love the ducks.
- Hyperspace Mountain is a supercharged, Star Wars themed Space Mountain revamp and it’s awesome. Get a FastPass early!
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. While it’s a little tricky getting in and out of the submarines, this ride uses all the cool technology you’d find on Nemo ride at Epcot plus the vampy underwater kitsch from the original 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
- New Orleans Square. Spend some time listening to jazz music, shopping the street of shops, eating a beignet and drinking a mint julep. This land is unique to Disneyland and boasts several great places to eat and relax. Don’t forget to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean which has different scenes than the Magic Kingdom version. Walt died prior to its opening, but he insisted on fireflies in the first scene, so give a nod to Walt when you see them.
- Cars Land at Disney’s California Adventure Park is unique to California. Radiator Springs Racers is the best ride in the Disney universe. Don’t believe me? This is your invitation to get out to California now and see if I’m right! The theming and architecture in Cars Land is spectacular. From the Cozy Cone Motel to Flo’s V8 Cafe, you won’t go hungry either. Cars Land will open a new ride this Spring where Luigi’s Flying Tires once lived.
Now you have plenty of incentive to visit the Disneyland Resort this year. Feel free to hit me up for more information, FREE travel planning, and to chat about all things Disney, especially Disneyland, my home Disney resort. Email me at email@example.com and see ya real soon!
Photo credit: disneyland
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Booking A Walt Disney World Vacation - June 16, 2019
- New Attractions coming to Walt Disney World - June 14, 2019