Disney Wilderness Lodge has always been one of our favorite Deluxe and Deluxe Villa properties. It’s just a boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom, tends to be one of the cheaper Deluxes, is packed with rustic charm and boasts fantastic eateries and a ton of resort activities. But if that isn’t enough to convince you to give this resort a try, Wilderness Lodge has recently undergone a massive expansion and is now bigger and better than ever!
For those that are new to Wilderness Lodge or for those that haven’t been in a while. Here’s three new suggestions for how to spend your Disney days at Wilderness Lodge Resort.
1. Spend a day at the pool – The brand new Boulder Ridge Cove Pool has taken the place of the former Hidden Springs Pool and has so much to offer. The pool area has been expanded to encompass an abandoned rock quarry theme, now includes a whirlpool spa and six shaded seating areas. fThis is just one of two amazing pools on property. The other, named the Cooper Creek Springs Pool, features a 67 foot water slide, hot and cold whirlpool spas and a water play area that the kids will love.
2. Lounge by the waterfront – Along with the newly expanded pool area, Wilderness Lodge has expanded out to the lakefront allowing guests to take in the beautiful views. The new Geyser Point Bar & Grille sits along the water and offers both indoor and outdoor seating areas, unique food (with a tip of the hat to the cuisine of the Pacific Northwest) and artisanal cocktails (featuring liquors from Pacific Northwest distilleries). Guests can also watch Bay Lake light up at night and can even catch a glimpse of the evening Electrical Water Pageant which really adds to the ambiance of this rustic Disney retreat.
3. Schedule in some time for a bit of pampering – The brand new Salon by the Springs will be opening soon at the site of the resort’s former Trout Pass Pool Bar. It will offer a full range of salon services including manicures, pedicures as well as hair styling. Appointments will be bookable through Member Services (if you’re a DVC member) or by pressing the Massage/Health Club button on your in-room phone.
These are just three of the many reasons why Wilderness Lodge is the perfect option for those looking for deluxe accommodation with a wide range of wonderful amenities coupled with a wonderful rustic charm. Fill out our form below to get your FREE quote today!
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney vacation package, assist with making dining and Fastpass reservations and can even help you organize an itinerary filled with extra magical touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019