The summer is passing by quickly. If you need some inspiration to get you motivated to head to the nearest beach, the following 5 films are wonderful reminders of everything seas, beaches, sun, and surf have to offer.
- The Movie of the Summer (of 2021 of course). You might not have been able to travel these past few years, but this film (available free on Disney+) transports you to the shores of Portorosso. The scenery of this film is gorgeous and is sure to take you to Italy from the comfort of your own home!
- Lilo and Stitch
- There is something about Hawaii that makes you want to dive into the ocean and forget all your cares. But if you can’t head to Hawaii, Lilo and Stitch will take you on a roller coaster of fun. Lilo’s story is human, complex, and holds up to this day.
- The Little Mermaid
- Take a trip under the sea with Ariel and her friends! Though the film doesn’t exactly enjoy the sand and surf as much as it should, if you’re feeling in the mood to wander down the beach in a glittery dress but are unable – this is the film for you.
- I think we’re all in the mood to take a boat out into the middle of the ocean to just escape. All you have to do is follow the line where the sky meets the sea – or you can sit on a couch and turn on Moana! The sentient ocean is ever-present and truly calls you. If you need to be inspired for a beach day, all it takes is one viewing of this instant classic
- Finding Nemo
- If you can’t make it to 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney – Finding Nemo is the film for you. Though you may not easily make your way over to Australia these days, Finding Nemo is a great option to see The Great Barrier Reef, the Sydney Opera House, and everything the Australian seaside has to offer.
Summer may be passing by, but there are still ways you can enjoy the beauty and the feel of everything summer has to offer through the options on Disney+.
Picture/Info Credit: Disney / Disney+
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- 10 Christmas Disney Films and Shorts to Watch this Holiday Season - December 2, 2022
- Star Wars Films (and Shows) in Chronological Order - November 29, 2022
- Celebrating the Timeless Classic: The Land Before Time - November 25, 2022