For those visiting Walt Disney World during the holiday season, you’ll want to take time out to enjoy all of the fantastic Christmas decorations displayed across the four theme parks and resorts. If there’s one particular aspect of holiday decorating that seems to wow guests every year, its the amazing gingerbread creations that Disney’s culinary teams work hard on assembling each year. We are confident that you’ve never seen anything like them. So if your schedule permits, stop by one of these five locations out and be prepared to be impressed.
1. Cinderella’s Castle Gingerbread House – Disney’s Contemporary Resort: You’ll find this delightful gingerbread creation that pays homage to the artwork of Mary Blair in the main atrium at the Contemporary. A massive feat, over 998 lbs of Flour, 428 eggs and 417 lbs of chocolate went into the recipe for this amazing display. Definitely, have your cameras at the ready as well as your appetites as there is also a store on sight selling a ton of gingerbread goodies.
2. Life-Sized Gingerbread House – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: The Grand Dame of Disney’s gingerbread creations, this amazing life-sized Victorian-style house really needs to be seen to be believed. Each year over 10,000 pieces of gingerbread go into making this stunning creation. Gingerbread decorating demos are held regularly in front of the house and it also plays host to an amazing shop selling gingerbread goodies. The replica house shingles are delicious and make fun and unique stock stuffers.
3. The United States Capitol Building – Epcot – The American Adventure: For those making their way around the World Showcase this Holiday Season, you have to pop by The American Adventure and check out the gingerbread replica of the U.S. Capitol Building. This special creation features over 50 lbs of gingerbread, 20 lbs of icing, handcrafted holiday trees and even hidden Mickeys!
4. Gingerbread Carousel – Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club: This ingenious gingerbread creation actually spins and has been wowing Disney visitors for the last 18 years. Lilo & Stitch will be adding a bit of a tropical flair to this year’s creation which also features carousel horses with coordinated, hand-painted holiday characters as well as gingerbread snowflakes and snowman. This annual holiday creation makes the perfect backdrop for those family Christmas photos.
5. Gingerbread Disney Springs Icons – Amorette’s Patisserie- Disney Springs: This year Amorette’s, the home of the amazing Mickey Dome cakes will be getting in on the gingerbread action by paying homage to some of Disney Springs most iconic locations. Their Disney Springs Icons display will share the history behind the iconic town center area of Disney World’s downtown shopping district and will feature 45lbs of flour, 15lbs of dark chocolate and 10 lbs of sugar. We here at Disney Addicts cannot wait to see this new addition to the gingerbread line-up.
These are just some of the amazing holiday displays you’ll see around Disney World during the Yuletide season. Each of the four theme parks and most of the resorts will be brimming with holiday charm making the Christmas Season the perfect time to explore all that Disney has to offer.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of festive touches to make your destination Christmas truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019