Walt Disney World has some fantastic options for activities that many frequenters may not take part in as often as visiting the parks. It can get pretty busy with a simple week trip to the parks – and maybe a rest day at Disney Springs. But if you’re looking to add some new activities to your trip, this list is the one for you.
Now, make sure you plan your activities ahead of time so you don’t miss out. Let us know in the comments which one you’d like to try!
- Horseback Riding at The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort: If you love Horseback Riding and take advantage of every time it’s available, add Walt Disney World to your list! For 45 minutes on the trail, the current cost is $55 dollars per person. There is plenty to know before you book so make sure you check the official Walt Disney World website to make sure you get to enjoy riding the trails with your new buddy. A kind note that ‘Riders must be over 48 inches tall and weigh under 250 pounds. Weight will be verified.’ – Make sure you check out Pony Rides as well!
- Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon: Have you always been intrigued by Surfing but have never been able to take the time out to learn? At Typhoon Lagoon, you can join some Surf Lessons and really put yourself to work! Depending on your comfort – you can join an open surf lesson or have a private session just for yourself! The prices can vary a wide range depending on what you’re looking for but open surf lessons range between $229 to $289. Check out their main website for more information!
- Mini-Golf: We know that Disney World has some fantastic golf courses, but Mini-Golf is always a blast for people of all ages. Disney has two options for mini-golf. You can check out the Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf or you could try Winter Summerland Miniature Golf. Both have plenty of Disney-themed fun to enjoy and we cannot recommend this activity enough!
- Archery at The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort: Okay Archery fans, get your Brave on and start practicing. All at Disney’s Fort Wilderness! Your family, 7 years and up, can enjoy this 75-minute activity that will definitely leave you wanting more. Like everything at Walt Disney World, make sure you plan in advance because there is always a chance reservations fill up.
- Horse Drawn Excursion: Did you know you can have a true royal experience outside the parks? Horse-drawn carriages await at a few locations. At Fort Wilderness and Port Orleans Riverside, for $55, you can hop aboard your own carriage. If you don’t need the private carriage, there is a Wagon Ride you should definitely check out. $12 for 25 minutes? Sign us up!
Whatever you decide to do, there is always so much to enjoy at Walt Disney World Resort! Let us know what you’ve done and what you would do again!
Images: Disney / Walt Disney World
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- Celebrate National Pizza Day at these 7 Walt Disney World Pizza Places! - February 9, 2024
- 5 Films to Watch to Celebrate 71 Years of Walt Disney’s Peter Pan! - February 6, 2024
- Celebrate this Lunar New Year with 10 Films Featuring Iconic Disney Dragons! - February 2, 2024