2018 is shaping up to be a banner year at Disneyland with new attractions, incredible food, fun festivals and so much more. To give you a taste of what’s in store for visitors in 2018 here’s our list of 5 Disneyland happenings that you won’t want to miss in the year ahead.
1. Lunar New Year Festival – Visitors to Disneyland from January 26 – February can ring in the Year of the Dog with the annual Lunar New Year Festival. Taking place at Disney California Adventure Park, guests can enjoy incredible multicultural performances, themed decor, amazing eats and special themed merchandise. Highlights of the festival include the “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” which takes place before “World of Color,” “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” three Asian marketplaces with cuisine inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures and a Lucky Wishing Wall.
2. Star Wars Fun – Star Wars Land may not be opening until 2019 but there’s still plenty for Star Wars fans to enjoy at Disneyland in the year ahead. Star Tours- The Adventures Continues at Disneyland theme park now features a new adventure inspired by Star Wars: The Last Jedi as well as a visit to Batuu, the remote outpost that guests will get to explore when Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens next year. In addition, young Padawans can be schooled in the ways of the force during “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.” Other galactic offerings include Star Wars Launch Bay and Star Wars: Path of the Jedi.
3. Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – Calling all foodies and wine lovers. Disneyland’s much-loved culinary festival will expand to six weeks in 2018, running from March 2 through April 12th. During this time guests can enjoy amazing California-inspired food and beverage. For those looking to make the most of your festival visit there are also special tastings, presentations and culinary demonstrations with celebrity chefs like Robert Irvine and Alexandra Guarnaschelli.
4. Pixar Fest – Disneyland will pull out all the stops in celebration of all things Pixar starting on April 13th. Highlights of the Fest include “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” evening fireworks display as well as return of the much-loved Pixar Play Parade which will feature three new story elements (pictured above). Disney California Adventure Park will also offer the “Paint the Night” parade which is a fan favorite.
5. Pixar Pier – In what is sure to be the Disneyland highlight of 2018, Paradise Pier will be getting a Pixar-style makeover this year and will be re-branded as Pixar Pier. The new area will boast special Pixar-themed neighborhoods as well as the transformation of California Screamin’ into the Incredicoaster. For more details about this exciting update check out this article.
We hope you’ll agree that it’s going to be an amazing year at Disneyland Resort. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts as well as our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest in Disneyland news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disneyland in 2018? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your holiday truly your own, and make sure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts (even after you’ve booked.) Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 20 Things We Love About Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Its 20th Anniversary - April 22, 2018
- 6 Stunning Original Concept Art Images to Celebrate 20 Years of Animal Kingdom - April 21, 2018
- 8 Of Our Favorite Places to Have Brunch at Walt Disney World - April 21, 2018