When most people think about Adventures By Disney, Disney’s escorted touring company, the assumption is that it involves long and expensive stays to far off locations. However, one of our favorite tours happens to be right here in America and provides the perfect introduction to New York City, the Performing Arts and the Adventures By Disney Experience all rolled into one. Oh, and did we mention that its the ultimate treat for Frozen fans!? To give you a sample of all the fun that awaits guests on Adventures By Disney’s 4-day/3- night tour to the Big Apple here are 5 reasons why this is a tour not-to-be-missed.
1. Stay in the heart of it all – If you’ve been to New York City before, you know location can pretty much make or break a holiday. But Adventures By Disney takes care of all of these amazing details and puts you in the heart of Manhattan! During this tour, you’ll be a guest at the InterContinental New York Times Square located on West 44th Street right in the heart of New York’s bustling theater district. This is perfect location from which to enjoy all of the exciting adventures that await!
2. A Magical Introduction to the Performing Arts – If your child dreams of being on stage or just loves a good musical, we here at Disney Addicts can’t think of a better and more educational experience than what you’ll get during the New York City Long Weekend. Visitors will be able to go behind the scenes at the New Amsterdam Theatre (currently home to Disney’s Aladdin) for a historical tour of this iconic Broadway venue. While here, you’ll also get to try on costumes from many of Disney’s Broadway Productions both past and present including Little Mermaid, Lion King and more! And if that’s not all, you’ll visit a dance studio where choreographers will be on hand to take you through some of the dance steps from Disney’s much-loved Broadway musicals.
3. The Ultimate Experience for Frozen Fans of All Ages! – Frozen, The Broadway Musical is sure to be the hot ticket when it officially opens on Broadway later this month. Fans of Frozen will get to see Ana, Elsa, Kristoff and more come to life live on stage with many of the sing-along numbers that we’ve come to know and love. Add to that a state-of-the-art staging as well as an expanded storyline and you’ll be in Frozen heaven! And for those thinking it couldn’t get any better, you can expect premium seats to this Broadway Musical and we’ve even heard a rumor that there are sometimes Q&A’s with the cast members afterwards!
4. Go Behind the Scenes at Good Morning America – Because of Disney’s relationship with ABC, visitors on the Adventures By Disney Tour are given pretty special access to the Good Morning America. You’ll get a chance to visit the Times Square Studios, can watch a live broadcast, see how TV magic happens with a visit to the control room and we’ve even heard that some of the stars of Good Morning America are on hand to personally greet guests and pose for photos!
5. Experience the Highlights of New York City in Special and Engaging Ways – Adventures by Disney strives to not only make tours fun but also education. For guests visiting New York City for the first time, you’ll also get to experience highlights that give visitors a taste of the robust culture and heritage of the city as well as a visit to a very important landmark. Guests will be taken Uptown to Harlem for a walking tour of this vibrant and historic district, a thought-provoking visit to Disney’s 9/11 Memorial as well as a visit to the Tenement Museum in the Lower East Side where guests will be regaled with the incredible stories of immigrants who came to the country in search of a better life. On the first night, visitors will also be treated to a bus tour aboard THE RIDE which is a NYC tour with a lot of theatricality and street performance thrown in. It needs to be experienced to be believed.
Adventures By Disney packages also include at least one meal a day, photos of you magical weekend, as well as free transfers to and from the airport. One of the things that also makes Adventures By Disney so special is that two Adventure Guides will be there to guide you every step of the way! Trust us when we say by the end they’ll be more than just tour guides – they’ll be friends.
The Adventures By Disney New York City Long Weekends take place throughout 2018. Here’s a list of dates:
- June 28 – July 1
- July 12 – July 15
- July 19 – July 22
- August 2 – August 5
- August 30 – September 2
- September 13 – September 16
- October 4 – October 7
- October 10 – October 13
- October 16 – October 19
- October 26 – October 29
- October 31 – November 3
Packages start at $2279 for children ages 3-9 and $2399 for adults. For more information on how to book or about any other Adventures By Disney Getaways please fill out our quote form below or reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for the latest information on this and other fantastic Adventures By Disney getaways.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019