Walt Disney World offers plentiful opportunities for magic! But what about when you’re ready to take a break from the parks? Venture to Disney’s BoardWalk for family-fun, delicious dining, fabulous shopping, and exciting nightlife. This quarter-mile promenade is themed with the turn-of-the-century charm of coastal cities like Coney Island and Atlantic City. Best of all, Disney’s BoardWalk is a short walk from Epcot! Check out these fun experiences on the BoardWalk:
1. Indulge in Delicious Dining – Disney’s BoardWalk offers a multitude of yummy dining options. Looking for a more casual setting? Dine at Big River Grille & Brewing Works. Feast on American classics like meaty cheese burgers and savory wings while sipping a variety of craft beers. Want to catch the big game? ESPN Club is the perfect spot. The ESPN Club is surrounded by huge, flat screen TVs featuring sporting events from around the States and beyond. If you’re looking for a more upscale dining experience, check out the recently renovated Flying Fish Cafe. You’ll enjoy a unique, seasonal menu that features delectable seafood and tender, mouth-watering steaks. As it’s a signature dining destination, Flying Fish Cafe will cost 2 dining credits per person if you’re on the Dining Plan. Would you rather enjoy a character dining experience? Check out the NEW Bon Voyage Character Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. You’ll not only enjoy a hearty breakfast, but you’ll also get to rub elbows with some much -loved Disney couples like Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider! To make dining reservations at any of these locations, sign into your My Disney Experience account or call 407-939-5277.
2. Venture Inside Unique Shops – The shopping scene at Disney’s BoardWalk features an eclectic mix of items to explore. Visit Wyland Galleries, which showcases special, handcrafted pieces by Wyland artists. You might also enjoy Thimbles & Threads, where you can purchase clothing for women, children, and infants as well as Disney plush toys. Discover fun apparel and Disney themed houseware items at Disney’s Character Carnival With so many unique shops to visit, you’re bound to find something perfect for each member of your family.
3. Take a Family Surrey Bike Ride – Fancy taking a bike ride along the BoardWalk? Rent a Surrey bike, and enjoy a fun family adventure! Surrey bikes can be rented on the BoardWalk for $20-$22 per half hour and can accommodate families of 2, 4, or 6 people. You can find Surrey bike rentals at different resort locations; but an afternoon or evening Surrey bike ride along the BoardWalk is always a fun-filled adventure with lots of laughter and smiles.
4. Grab a Snack and Relax – Disney’s BoardWalk offers lots of delicious snacks, many of which are covered by Disney’s Dining Plan Snack Credits. Stop into the BoardWalk Bakery for homemade treats like cupcakes, pastries, sugar cookies, and more. You might also indulge your sweet tooth at Ample Hills Creamery, a newer ice cream shop that calls the BoardWalk home. Looking for something more substantial? Enjoy a hot dog from one of the BoardWalk’s vendors or a slice of pizza from the BoardWalk pizza window. Once you’ve got your snack in hand, grab a seat and watch the Friendship Boats cruise around Crescent Lake or stake a spot on the bridge and watch Epcot’s nightly fireworks show, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. When you’re done, stop by the caricature artists located along the BoardWalk for a fun family portrait.
5. Embrace the BoardWalk’s Nightlife Scene – Adults will enjoy Jelly Rolls, a rollicking dueling piano bar where you can sing your heart out and let loose for some evening fun. For a small cover charge, guests 21 and older can enjoy this vibrant atmosphere when the doors open at 7 PM until they close at 2 AM. A short walk away from Jelly Rolls is the Atlantic Dance Hall. Dance the night away on the expansive dance floor surrounded by Art Deco theming. Stop by after dark at 9 PM, and enjoy music from the 80s, 90s, and today!
Disney’s BoardWalk is the perfect place for family or adult adventures! When you’re done exploring all the BoardWalk has to offer,walk over to Epcot or take a Friendship Boat to Hollywood Studios for more magical family fun!
Planning a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Want to plan a magical vacation to one of the Disney Destinations? I’m happy to guide you through the planning process! As a Travel Planner with MickeyTravels, I can book your package, make FastPass and dining reservations, and customize your vacation to fit your budget and needs. Please feel free to contact me at 1.888.300.0582, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019