For families looking to relax and enjoy the extended weekend this Labor Day, Disney World definitely serves as the perfect playground. You have four theme parks, countless eateries and even Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival which opens this weekend. But for those on the lookout for more relaxing pursuits. Here are a few suggestions on family activities we think you’ll enjoy this Labor Day:
1. Pool Time – With the parks expected to be jam-packed this weekend, why not take the opportunity to spend a relaxing day poolside at your Walt Disney World Resort. Each of Disney’s resorts offers fantastic pools, water play areas and the moderate, deluxe and villa properties also offer waterslides. Also be sure to check out the activity calendar at your resort for a schedule of fun poolside offerings, from pool parties to fun games, each resort offers so much more than just a dip in the pool.
2. Head to the Water Parks – If there’s one thing we know going into this Labor Day weekend it’s that it’s meant to be a scorcher. So what better way to beat the Florida heat than by heading to one of Disney World’s two Water Parks: Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. Whether it’s meandering along on the lazy river, trying out the new Miss Adventure Falls, or indulging your inner adrenaline junkie with the Summit Plummet, you can easily spend a full day enjoying all that these giant water playgrounds have to offer!
3. Pamper Yourself – The long weekend should be all about relaxing and what better way to do this than treating yourself or someone you love to a Senses Spa Experience at Walt Disney World. You’ll find senses at both the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa as well as Saratoga Springs Resort. And who says it has to be an elaborate treatment? Sometimes tiny indulgences are best. Why not do a mother/daughter day and have manicures or pedicures? There are even special offerings tailored to little ones! Let other vacationers hit the heaving parks and pamper yourself instead. Appointments book up quickly and reservations should be made immediately at 407.WDW.SPAS.
4. Dine in Style – There are tons of awe-inspiring eateries at Walt Disney World, so why not pick your favorite and celebrate Labor Day with a delicious meal! One of our favorite spots is the California Grill. This rooftop restaurant offers dynamic views of the Magic Kingdom, made even more whimsical in the evenings when the park lights up. You may even be lucky enough to nab a reservation during the Happily Ever After fireworks and watch from the restaurants private viewing deck. Considered one of Disney’s Signature Dining restaurants prices at California Grill start at around $35 and can be upwards of $50 per adult. For those on the dining plan, having your supper here will set you back 2 Table Service Credits. Reservations can be made online via My Disney Experience or by calling 407.WDW.DINE.
5. Retail Therapy- While other visitors brave the long theme park lines, why not indulge in a bit of window shopping. Disney Springs is an absolute treasure trove of amazing shops and eateries. From the amazing fashions at Town Center finding that perfect souvenir at World at Disney, you never know what’s just around the corner.
These are just a few of the amazing ways that you can enjoy a relaxing Labor Day at Walt Disney World? How do you like to spend your holidays at Disney?
Thinking of a visit to Walt Disney World? There are still fantastic 2017 packages to be had and 2018 packages are now available. Fill out our form below to get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you find your perfect package, nab those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations and will share my tips and tricks with you to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. You’d pay the same as if you were to book with Disney directly. For more info get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019