With Pandora – The World of Avatar opening at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in just a few short weeks, the amazing landscaping, fantastic attractions and bio-luminescent surroundings are garnering a lot of attention and rightly so. But there’s something about Pandora that has us pretty excited – the amazing culinary treats that will soon be available. To get your tummies as excited as ours, here’s a sneak peek of some of the dishes that we can’t wait to sink our teeth into.
1. Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse (pictured) – This delightful work of art can be found at the Satu’li Canteen, Pandora’s new Quick Service eatery. A perfect ending to your Pandora meal this tasty dish is comprised of a cheesecake blueberry mousse coupled with a passion fruit curd. The cost is $5.29 or 1 Snack Credit for those on the Disney dining plans.
2. Night Blossom – There are some amazing new beverage creations at Pandora that are quite simply out of this world. The one we are most excited about is the Night Bloom which can be found at the Pongu Pongu beverage stand. This delightful concoction is a mix of limeade, apple, desert pear and is topped with Passion Fruit Boba Balls. Pongu Pongu is also offering an Alcoholic frozen drink the Mo’ara Margarita for those that want a bit of a kick. This space-aged cocktail features Sauza Conmemorativo Añejo Tequila with Strawberry and Blood Orange flavors topped with Strawberry Boba Balls. The Night Blossom will set guests back $4.99 and the Margarita $9.25.
The creations at Pongu Pongu will also be available to purchase in a special souvenir mug (see above). The mug also comes with a special glowing seed so that your drink illuminates like your nighttime surroundings. With this collectible, the cost of both of the drinks listed above is $18.25.
3. Pineapple Lumpia – Sometimes nothing beats a hot day at the parks than breaking for a sweet treat. When it comes to Pandora we know just the one that we’re going for with the Pineapple Lumpia. Available at the takeaway counter at Pongu Pongu. The Lumpia is essentially a sweet spring roll with a pineapple and cream cheese center. It’s perfect for that mid-afternoon indulgence. The cost for this treat is $4.59 or 1 Snack Credit.
4. Hawke’s Grog Ale – No longer is green beer limited to St. Patrick’s Day. The Hawke’s Grog is a golden ale that comes in a vibrant shade of green and boasts flavors of wheat, apricot and peach. A 16 oz. beverage will set guests back $8.25 or $9.25 for the 22 oz. serving. It’s the ideal treat for laid back Pandora evenings so stop by Pongu Pongu and pick yours up.
5. Bao Buns – As beautiful as the flora and fauna of this exotic new land these new steamed pods available at Satu’Li Canteen will come in both vegetable curry and cheeseburger varieties. The Steamed Cheeseburger Pod comes stuffed with ground beef and includes the classic condiments: ketchup, mustard, pickle and Cheddar cheese and is served with vegetable slaw and veggie chips. The vegetable curry option features eggplant, cauliflower, sweet potatoes and shallot cilantro cream. It is served with crunchy vegetable slaw and vegetable chips. Both versions are $10.99 or part of a Quick Service Meal for those on the dining plan. As exotic as Pondora itself, these are destined to be the talked about dishes of the Summer.
6. “Teylu” – When I asked my the little Disney traveler in my family what dish was she was the most excited about she said “that cool looking hotdog.” So here’s one for all of the little Pandora explorers. The “Teylu” is an all beef hot dog wrapped in Parker House dough and served with Vegetable Chips, and grapes. It comes packaged as a meal and includes a small water or Low-Fat milk for $6.79 or one quick service dining credit.
So if you’re heading to Pandora this Summer, see how many of the tasty treats on our list you can try. Let us know in the comments below which one are your favorites.
Be sure to check out our sister site Chip and Co for the latest in Pandora news and updates.
Planning a visit to Disney World for Pandora? There are still some fantastic Summer packages to be had. Fill out our form below to get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019