Disney announced this week that the Epcot International Festival of the Arts would be returning for a second year from January 12 – February 19, 2018. We here at Disney Addicts think there’s a lot to love about the newest Festival on the block which is a celebration of the culinary, visual and performing arts. So check out our 6 Reasons why we’re excited about the return of the Festival of the Arts.
1. Even more Festival Dates in 2018 – When the Festival debuted last year, it was introduced as a weekend offering with the majority of programming occurring Friday- Sunday. However, Disney has announced that this year’s Festival will be running 7-days a week. We can’t wait to see what amazing offerings Disney’s going to include in this year’s Festival line-up to fill all of this extra space.
2. Expanded Performing Arts Program – The 2017 Festival program provided Epcot visitors with an opportunity to see leading Broadway talent performing much loved Disney numbers on-stage at the American Gardens Theatre thanks to a collaboration with Disney Theatrical Productions. Performances were also held each day at the Fountain View stage and featured an eclectic line-up including marching bands, jazz ensembles, a capella groups, and choral groups just to name a few. The performing arts will continue to be a key component of this year’s festival with a smorgasbord of musical performances including everything from local bands to Broadway’s best. We can’t wait to see who will turn up!
3. Edible Works of Arts – One of the things that impressed us the most about last year’s Festival were the themed food studios offering a stunning array of gorgeously presented dishes that were almost too beautiful to eat. There were 7 booths in 2017 serving up amazing options like the Artist’s Palette Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie (pictured), a Deconstructed Sweet Potato Pie, A Trio of Savory Croissant Doughnuts and a Popping Bubbles Cocktail. Though no information has been released about this year’s culinary line-up, we’ve got a feeling it will be bigger and better than ever!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on-hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I’ll work with you to create a bespoke itinerary perfectly tailored to the needs of your family. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along onFacebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019