When you think Halloween and Disney, it usually conjures up images of the Magic Kingdom fireworks or the Main Street Halloween Parade, However Disney celebrations are currently kicking off at locations around the globe, each bringing their own colorful interpretation of Disney’s Halloween festivities. The result is an eclectic range from downright spooky to delightfully fun. Here’s a taste of how 6 different Disney locations around the world ring in the Halloween Season:
1. Hong Kong Disneyland: The festivities here started September 14 and run through October 31st. Here are a few of the highlights.
Villains Night Out: Hong Kong rings in the Halloween season with the Villains Night Out parade featuring some of Disney’s most formidable baddies including Maleficent, Evil Queen, Captain Hook, Queen of Hearts, Cruella de Vil and Ursula.
Mickey’s Halloween Street Party- Mickey and pals take to Main Street U.S.A for a Halloween inspired Dance Party dressed in amazing Halloween costumes and riding on giant pumpkins.
Pirates of the Caribbean Ghost Trail – In Adventureland, many ghost pirates are upset with Captain Jack Sparrow and are on the hunt for him. Guests are invited to join the search but will you side with Jack or turn him over to the Ghost Pirates?
Maze of Madness – (pictured above) Dubbed a nightmare experience this Hong Kong offering is definitely scarier than something you’d find stateside. Guests venture into a lab of horrors featuring chilling scenes including the Mad Hatters Shop, Pinocchio and Monsters Inc. Scare Floor.
Mickey’s Magical Halloween Hunt – We absolutely love the idea of this interactive character dining experience held at the Explorer’s Club Restaurant where guests join Mickey and friends for a 3-course meal before taking part in an interactive adventure to help them find their missing treasure.
2. Disneyland Paris: Though the Halloween Party here only lasts for 1 night (October 31, 2017), special spooky events are available from October 1 – November 5th. This year they’ll be to new events on offer.
Mickey’s Halloween Tricycle Gang– Watch your favorite Villains cruise down Main Street U.S.A on tricycles during this seasonal daily parade offering. The same villains will also be available for photo opportunities at various times throughout the parks.
Goofy’s Skeleton Street Party– During this event, the streets of Frontierland will be filled with a group of dancing skeletons who are joined throughout the evening by Mickey and Minnie who will be on hand to pose for photos. Goofy is on also on the scene accompanied by The Three Caballeros.
3. Disneyland – The Halloween celebrations are well underway at the West Coast Mouse and will run until October 31st. Though Mickey’s Halloween Party has already sold out for this year, there are still some great options for everyone to enjoy including:
Haunted Mansion Holiday – Jack Skellington and crew have given the Haunted Mansion a Tim Burton-esque makeover. This mash-up of Christmas and Halloween is hugely popular with visitors and will be available to enjoy through mid-January.
Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy – Another fan-favorite, Space Mountain also transforms every Halloween season with the ride getting even darker and the setting a bit creepier as ghosts and phantasms follow you through space and time.
4. Tokyo Disneyland – The Halloween festivities are well underway in Tokyo during this, it’s 20th Anniversary year. They started September 8th and will run through until October 31st. Here are a handful of exciting activities happening over the next month.
Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare – The Haunted Mansion at Tokyo Disneyland also undergoes a Nightmare Before Christmas inspired makeover during the Halloween Season which will remain open through January 3rd.
Halloween Pop ‘n LIVE– This twice-daily parade will be led by an MC this year as ghosts, skeletons, and much-loved Disney characters dressed up in their Halloween finery come out to join the ghoulish fun.
5. Shanghai Disneyland – It will be the first official Halloween celebration at Shanghai Disneyland and they are pulling out all the stops between September 25th and October 31st.
Villians Cavalcade – This nighttime event will feature Disney Villains like Hades, Maleficent, Dr. Facilier and more.
Guardians of the Galaxy Dance Party – The Arena E-Stage will play host to a dance party featuring much-loved characters from the Guardians of the Galaxy film franchise.
Disneytown Halloween Celebrations – On Friday through Sunday from September 29 – October 31st, guests can enjoy a character dance party with a DJ as well as Halloween activities like trick-or-treating throughout Disneytown.
6. Walt Disney World – Last but not least, Halloween celebrations at Walt Disney World kicked off in August of this year and will run until November 1st. The best way to experience all the Halloween fun is by getting a ticket for Mickey’s Not-S0-Scary Halloween Party at the magic kingdom where you can enjoy the following experiences:
Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular – The Sanderson Sisters are back in this much-loved stage show where they try to cast a spell on the Magic Kingdom. The Spectacular features a handful of Disney’s scariest Villains, dancers, projections and out-of-this-world special effects which combine to bring this magical production to life.
Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade – Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize in this Halloween Party parade that also features Mickey and the gang all dressed up in their Halloween finery. It’s the perfect Halloween treat for the whole family.
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks – This seasonal fireworks display is nothing short of brilliant as Cinderella’s Castle serves as the backdrop for this eerie display. The show features a sing-along with Maleficent, Ursula, Oogie Boogie and more as the castle erupts with ominous projections as fireworks thunder overhead.
If there’s one thing evident from the Halloween celebrations taking place at Disney theme parks around the globe its that Disney certainly knows how to pull out all of the stops and celebrate this spooktacular season in style. Which park will you be heading to this Halloween Season?
There’s still time to plan your Halloween Walt Disney World getaway or why not start planning for next year. 2018 packages are now available. Fill out our form below for your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you get those last-minute party tickets, plot out your meals at the parks and help you come up with some spooktacular touches to make this Halloween one that you won’t soon forget. Best of all my services are FREE! Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019