Christmas is coming and Disney Parks are decorated to perfection in preparation for the holiday season! Although a glistening Main Street USA maybe when you envision when you think of Christmas, California Adventure is sure to impress! Additionally, the Disney hotels are also decorated to make your stay that much magical.
Disney California Adventure Park
- One Tall Tree
- You’ll have a hard time being a grinch when you see the massive Christmas tree standing at almost 50 feet tall! Adorned with vintage-style ornaments – which goes with the 1920s theme of the lovely Buena Vista Street.
- Christmas, Christmas Everywhere
- Be on the lookout for festive displays! Cars Land and Buena Vista Street will be dressed to impress. Beautiful Christmas displays await you at Paradise Garden Park, Hollywood Land, Grizzly Peak, and Pacific Wharf.
- Cars Wonderland
- You don’t have to be the biggest Cars fan to enjoy the decorations at Radiator Springs. If you like theming, Cars Land goes all in by turning Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree into Mater’s Jingle Jamboree. Luigi’s Rollickin’s Roadsters turns into Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl. Aside from themes, who doesn’t like a good pun! Look around and enjoy the amazing lights as well as Cars characters with their associated decorations!
Disneyland Resort Hotels
- A Humble Gingerbread House
- The Grand Californian does Christmas right! Just like The Grand Floridian in Walt Disney World, a beautiful gingerbread house pops up in the lobby. According to Disneyland News, standing at over 7 feet tall, made with 600 pounds of sugar, one pound of “pixie dust”, and 250 pounds of fondant, this masterpiece took a team of 25 people to create. The gingerbread house isn’t the only Christmas detail. Throughout the entire hotel, Christmas magic can be found!
- Festive Florals
- The Disneyland Hotel makes sure you know it is in the holiday spirit with its lovely lobby displays, pine trees, and beautiful Christmas floral arrangements.
- Beachy Christmas
- Well, it’s Paradise Pier after all! Instead of a green and red theme, Pixar Pier Hotel will be decorated in colors of silver, green and blue! Enjoy the hotel’s beachy vibe and look for the underwater-themed Christmas tree. You can also see shells and starfish on the garland as well. What kind of Christmas would it be without starfish in the garland!?
- Christmas – Day and Night
- If you are planning a day in Downtown Disney, it will be decorated in the Christmas theme – but you’ll notice something different in day and in the night!
It’s amazing what some twinkling lights can do to boost your mood. With each thought out decoration, Disney can elevate a simple hotel check-in, into walking into a Christmas wonderland. Nothing really compares to walking up to a 50 foot tall Christmas tree themed to vintage perfection, and Disney knows that. This is why it is such a wonderful time to make your way to a Disney park – you never know what you’re going to get.
Whatever you end up doing this holiday season, if you’re heading out to Disneyland and California Adventure, be prepared to be in full awe of each thought out detail – and enjoy the holiday season!
Latest posts by Danielle H (see all)
- One Day at Disney – a Dynamic Disney Documentary (and Show!) - December 13, 2019
- 4 Reasons to Binge-Watch The Imagineering Story on Disney+ - December 10, 2019
- A Solo Trip to Disneyland – Pros and Cons - December 3, 2019