With all the energy spent traversing the theme parks, there’s no doubt that breakfast remains the most important meal of the day even while you’re at Disneyland. Between the resorts and two theme parks there’s no shortage of restaurants offering breakfast options. However, there are definitely some stand-out places perfect for breakfast-lovers in search of some hearty morning fare. Be sure to give some of the stops on our list a try during your next Disney visit.
1.Tangaroa Terrace – If you’re staying at the Disneyland Hotel this is the perfect spot to indulge your Mickey Waffle cravings in the morning before heading out the parks. We’re also a huge fan of the steel-cut oatmeal with pineapple butter and mixed fruit as well as the banana caramel french toast. Breakfast options here usually range between $6 – $8 per person making it a meal that’s also easy on the pocketbook. Breakfast is served here from 7am.
2. Carnation Cafe – Located right in the heart of the action on Main Street U.S.A, this is one of our favorite breakfast spots not only for people watching but also for an amazing menu. You’ll find Mickey Waffles here as well as the pretty amazing apple and granola pancakes. However, our favorite breakfast dish has to be the spinach and tomato egg white frittata that comes with a side of potatoes and fresh fruit. These days the frittata is also coming Mickey-shaped which is guaranteed to add a bit of pixie dust to your morning. Dishes range in price from $7 – $15. The cafe is open most mornings from 8am. Advanced reservations are strongly encouraged and can be made at (714) 781-DINE .
3. Flo’s V8 Cafe – Rev up for the day with breakfast at this Cars Land eatery in California Adventure Park. You’ll find common breakfast items like waffles, french toast and fruit. However, the dish that really steals the show for us is the Chicken Tamale Breakfast. This dish includes a chicken tamale, scrambled eggs, salsa verde, and pico de gallo and can be yours for $8.99. Trust us when we tell you that not only is it delicious but will definitely see you through until lunchtime. Flo’s opens when the park does each morning so you’ll want to make it your first port of call.
4. Goofy’s Kitchen: The perfect option for those looking for a breakfast experience with some of your favorite Disney friends, the restaurant located in the Disneyland Hotel also offers a pretty impressive buffet. We have four words for you: Peanut Butter and Jelly Pizza. Only at Disneyland does this actually count as breakfast and the version you’ll find here is decadent. Other breakfast options include made-to-order omelets, cheese blintzes, Mickey waffles, pancakes, eggs benedict, french toast, smoked salmon. The list goes on and on. Because its character dining, reservations here can be pretty competitive. For that reason, advanced bookings are essential and can be made at (714) 781-DINE. The cost to dine here ranges between $35 – $59 per adult. Breakfast is served here from 7:00 am – 11: 30am.
5. Steakhouse 55 – Right next door to the hustle and bustle of Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel, you’ll find this more quiet and sophisticated eatery servicing up mouth-watering breakfast dishes based on old Hollywood-inspired recipes. Highlights are the Pork Belly Chilaquiles, with two eggs, tortilla chips, salsa roja and a delicious charred avocado crèma, Chicken and Waffles, served with Vermont maple syrup or our favorite the German Apple Pancakes with Ligonberry Jam. Those who like to treat themselves to a boozy morning drink will also be spoiled for choice with a beverage menu featuring the Ultimate Bloody Mary, a Morning Mule, Irish Coffee or a Blood Orange Mimosa. Breakfast is served from 7am – 11am. Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made at (714) 781-DINE . Dining here will set you back between $35 – $59 per adult.
6. Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante – We know you’ve heard about Mickey Waffles but how about Mickey pancakes? You’ll find them at this Disneyland Park eatery. Other items on the menu include fantastic Mexican dishes like the Chorizo and Egg Burrito, Chilaquiles, a Tamale Plate as well as a pretty yummy Fajita and Beef platter. Most dishes on the menu will set you back around $9. Restaurant opening times vary and will coincide with park opening times.
7. Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Express – Beignets for breakfast? You bet! If you’re lucky enough to be passing by this Downtown Disney eatery be sure to grab some beignets for the perfect breakfast indulgence. These French-style donuts are doused with powdered sugar and are absolutely delicious. They go perfectly with the French Quarter Roast coffee. Express kitchen opens at 8am. The cost of beignets depends on quanitity and starts at $5.99.
This is just a small sample of the amazing breakfast options you’ll find at Disneyland Resort. So set those alarms early and take time to indulge in some of the incredible dishes these eateries have to offer.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your holiday truly your own, and make sure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts (even after you’ve booked.) Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019