Food lovers heading to Disney this month will definitely want to give some of the incredible Walt Disney World must-try treats for May a sample. From savory snacks to sweet treats there’s definitely something designed to appeal to all tastes. So be sure to jot down some of your favorites and bring your appetites!
1. Artisinal Pizzas – Disney’s Pop Century Resort – (pictured) Pop Century has added some very exciting speciality pizzas to the menu for those that love to grab a pie after a long day at the theme parks. Highlights include a Tomato and Cheese pizza with a 4-cheese blend, teardrop tomatoes, arugula and an olive old drizzle. Our favorite has to be the Applewood Bacon pizza with roasted garlic spread, double cheese and crispy bacon strips. Or guests can ring in the season with the Summertime pizza which comes will BBQ pulled chicken, caramelized onions and spiced BBQ sauces. For those that prefer the traditional, Pop Century also whips up a pretty impressive pepperoni pizza with homemade sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
2. S’mores Brownie- Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner – Hollywood Studios – We’re always mighty impressed with the incredible treats showing up at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and this find is no exception. For $4.79 guest can enjoy this ooey-gooey treat made up of a double-chocolate brownie topped with toasted graham crackers and marshmallows. It comes in a handy little pot that makes it easy to indulge while you stroll through the park.
3. Aztec Hot Diggity Dog – Casey’s Corner- Magic Kingdom – Each month this Main Street U.S.A eatery unveils a special enormous hot dog of the month. We’ve seen many impressive dogs come and go but this one has to be one of our favorites. This month’s hot diggity dog comes with sweet and spicy ground beef topped with elote (or Mexican grilled corn) mixed with spicy lime mayonnaise and topped with grated parmesan cheese! Visitors have the choice between a footlong hotdog for $12.49 or may prefer a regular sized hotdog for $10.99.
4. Wine and Beer Now on Offer at Select Table Service Eateries – Magic Kingdom – For those that may not have known, Magic Kingdom has historically been a dry park with no alcohol available on the premises. However, this started to gradually change in 2012 which Be Our Guest began offering wine for evening diners. Since then, many other Table Service eateries have followed suit. This week Disney let us know that three additional Magic Kingdom Restaurants would begin offering Wine and Beer. The Plaza Restaurant will now offer a selection of American beer and wine including India Pale Ale. The Crystal Palace will offer sparkling wine mimosas for breakfast and wines such as Pinot Noir or Chardonnay during the lunch and dinner buffets. The Diamond Horseshoe (pictured above) will offer classic American beers and wines that pair nicely with the rustic food on offer.
5. Cinco de Mayo Flatbread – Pinocchio Village Haus – Magic Kingdom – Similarly to the hotdog of the month over at Casey’s Corner, this Fantasyland eatery next to “it’s a small world’ offers a new flatbread each month which we think makes the perfect lunchtime treat. This month’s menu features the Cinco de May Flatbread which comes topped with a salsa base, a Mexican cheese blend, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes and a sour cream drizzle.
6. New Lunchtime Prix Fixe Menu- Le Cellier Steakhouse – Epcot – From now until September 30th, visitors to this Fine/Signature dining eatery can enjoy a new prix fixe lunch menu that is big on Canadian flavors. Appetizers on the new menu include the always popular Cheddar Cheese Soup made with Moosehead Beer and Nueske’s Applewood-Smoked Bacon or the Le Cellier House Salad made with mix lettuces grown at the greenhouses in The Land pavilion as well as toy box tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, radish, whole grain croutons and Minus 8 Maple Vinaigrette. Entrees include Steak and Frites complete with certified Angus hangar steak, the Le Cellier Lobster BLT Burger with wagyu beef, applewood smoked bacon, lobster and crab, and truffle fries. There’s also the Spring Cavatelli Pasta which comes with morel mushrooms, asparagus tips, English peas, arugula, white asparagus cream cheese and house-made lemon ricotta. You’ll also want to be sure and save room for dessert with menu items that include Maple Creme Brulee or the Chocolate Mousse Maple Leaf. Reservations are essential and can be made at 407.WDW.DINE or at disneyworld.com.
7. Birthday Cake Ice Cream – Plaza Ice Cream Parlor- Magic Kingdom – Each month visitors to the Magic Kingdom can also pop by the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor to sample a delicious ice cream flavor of the month. This month’s flavor is Birthday Cake ice cream and we think it tastes pretty darn close to the real thing. You can get it in a cone, in sundae form or our favorite, nestled between to warm chocolate chip cookies! Its perfect for those celebrating whether its a birthday or a un-birthday!
COMING SOON: Japan Pavilion to Get a New Table Service Eatery – Epcot- Even though it’s not a May bite, we wanted to give our readers a heads up that a new Table Service dining experience is slated to open at the Japan Pavilion in Epcot. The eatery will offer guests a signature dining experience inspired by the traditional beauty of Japan. The new restaurant will be operated by Mitsukoshi USA which operates both Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining. Disney is still keeping the menu items closely under wraps but keep following along with Disney Addicts and we promise to keep you posted.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our list of 7 Must-Try Disney World Treats for May and that you have a chance to try some out for yourself in the month ahead. Be sure to let us know which ones are your favorite!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019