It’s officially Flower & Garden Festival time! As Epcot prepares for this delightful celebration, our very own Chip is on the scene to share with you all the sights, sounds and tastes of Epcot’s beloved Spring festival. One Chip’s first ports-of-call were the amazing outdoor kitchens located throughout Epcot where he was able to try a tasty array of this season’s offerings. When it comes to delicious dishes there were a few frontrunners so we want to present you with a wee list of 7 of our favorite menu items (so far!)
1. Macaron au Chocolat en Sucette – (pictured) Found at the Fleur de Lys kitchen near the France Pavilion this is a macaron to remember! It comes on a stick and is topped with beautiful chocolate pearls! Be sure to pick one up as its worth every bit of it’s $4.95 price tag.
2. Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue – Another gorgeous dessert has made the cut. This beautiful Spring treat can be found at Florida Fresh which is located between the France and Morocco Pavilions. It’s a Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue topped with a blue butterfly and can be yours for $4.50.
3. Pulled Pig Slider – And now for something savory. One of our favorite kitchens each has to be THE SMOKEHOUSE which you’ll find at the American Adventure Pavilion. Not only do they serve up a nice array of craft beers but this Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw makes for the perfect lunch. Coming in at $6.75, we definitely suggest you pick one up during your Epcot visit.
4. Seared Scallops – We’ve got the perfect dish for all you seafood lovers and you’ll find it at Northern Blooms. This kitchen pays tribute to the amazing cuisine found in Canada. The Seared Scallops are served with French green beans, butter potatoes, brown butter vinaigrette and Apple-wood Smoked Bacon. It’s also Gluten Free. The cost for the dish is $6.50
5. La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy – We head back to the France Pavilion and the Fleur de Lys kitchen for this delightful cocktail perfect for sipping as you stroll the World Showcase. Its comprised of Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain Liqueur and White and Red Cranberry Juice. One of these tasty tipples will set you back $10.75.
6. Jamaica Braised Beef – For a taste of the islands head on over to La Isla Fresca where one of our favorite dishes has to be the Jamaican-braised Beef. It’s served with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro and costs $6.25.
7. Orange Blossom Twist – When it comes all of the amazing food booths at the Flower & Garden Festival, a lot of people tend to overlook the amazing drinks being served up at the Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company Carts found throughout the parks. Each one offers a special treat during the fest. Our favorite has to be the Orange Blossom Twist on offer at the Showcase Coffee Cart. Its made up of an orange pineapple smoothie topped with vodka and is definitely the taste of being on vacation!
This is just a slice of the amazing treats that are now on offer throughout Epcot for the Flower & Garden Festival which runs until May 28th. Be sure to save a bit of money in your budget and bring your appetites so that you can find out which dishes are your favorite.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019