Since Pandora – The World of Avatar opened at Disney’s Animal Kingdom last Memorial Day, this land, fashioned after James Cameron’s Avatar film has quickly become one of our go-to spots when it comes to grabbing some grub. We think there’s a lot to love about Satu’li Canteen (Pandora’s Quick Service eatery) as well as Pongu Pongu (the snack and beverage location.) To give you a glimpse of why these spots have become a Disney Addicts favorite, here’s our list of 8 reasons why you should head to Pandora next time you’re looking to have lunch at Animal Kingdom.
1. Incredible Surroundings – Upon first entering Pandora, you’ll be absolutely blown away by the incredible surroundings. From lush vegetation to majestic floating islands to tactile plants that react when you touch them, this is really an environment that you really want to spend time in and enjoy. Luckily the incredible outdoor dining space at Satu’li Canteen makes it easy to gaze out into the Valley of Mo’ara while you relax. The covered space also provides some nice shelter during those frequent Orlando downpours.
2. Bioluminescent Drinks – If you’ve seen the Avatar films or have done your Pandora research then you’ll know that a big draw of this land is the magical transformation that it undergoes when the sun goes down. From the ground under your feet to the islands towering overhead, the environment erupts in an array of gorgeous colors. This theme is carried over into some of the amazing beverages you’ll find at Pongu Pongu which come complete with pods that glow brilliantly while you enjoy them. The signature drink at this location is the Night Blossom which is a tasty blend of Apple and Desert Pear Limeade topped with Passion Fruit Boba Balls. There’s a non-alcoholic version or you can add Bacardi Superior Rum for a drink with a kick. Both drinks can come with a Glowing Unadelta Seed. Another popular beverage is the Mo’ara Margarita. This cocktail is made with Sauza Conmemorativo Añejo Tequila with Strawberry and Blood Orange flavors topped with Strawberry Boba Balls with glowing Unadelta Seed. Drinks range from $8.99 to $19.25 depending on whether you are getting the Pandora souvenir mug pictured above.
3. Mobile Order – Let’s face it, the lines for both the Na’vi River Journey and Flight of Passage can reach epic proportions. So why not multi-task and order your supper while you wait. With Disney’s Mobile Order feature you can look through the menu, order your favorite dishes and even pay for them with your dining credits or credit card all from your smartphone. When you’re ready to eat, simply press a button to let the restaurant know that you’re on your way and your food will be waiting for you at the designated pick-up window. This is one place in Pandora, where you can avoid waiting in line. So, take advantage of this awesome service!
4. Pongu Lumpia – What the Dole Whip is to Adventureland, the Pongu Lumpia is to Pandora. This tasty snack can be found at Pongu Pongu and is a pineapple cream cheese spring roll that is nothing short of delicious. Coming in at $3.99, it’s a snack that also won’t break the bank.
5. Desserts Too Beautiful to Eat – Since we are on the subject of delicious sweet treats Satu’li Canteen has two desserts that you’ll want to be sure to try during your Animal Kingdom visit. The first is the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse with a Passion Fruit Curd that comes in at $5.29. The Second is a Chocolate Cake with a crunchy cookie layer and a Banana Cream Topping and also comes in at $5.29.
6. Green Beer – Beer lovers will definitely want to stop by Pongu Pongu and order up a Hawkes’ Grog Ale. This 16 oz. draft beer is fruity with notes of apricot and peach and more important is green! It’s a tasty and fun way to cool down in the Florida heat and will set visitors back $8.25 or $9.50 for those opting for the 22 oz pull.
7. Bao Buns – Sure they are curious looking but trust us when we say that these Satu’li entrees are absolutely delicious. They come in two varieties. The Vegetable Steamed Curry Pods are our favorite of the two and come with eggplant, cauliflower, sweet potato, carrots and shallot cilantro cream. There’s also the Cheeseburger Steamed Pods that come stuffed with ground beef, ketchup, mustard, pickle and Cheddar Cheese. Both dishes will set you back $10.99 or a Quick Service Dining Credit and come with a side of vegetable slaw and vegetable chips.
We hope we’ve made your curious enough to check out both of these out-of-this-world eateries next time you’re paying a visit to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. You won’t be disappointed.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how to get your FREE quote.
Click here for your FREE no obligation quote!
If you are interested in looking into a split stay for your next vacation, get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I would be happy to assist you with everything from arranging Disney’s Magical Express, to making Fastpass and dining reservations. Best of all as travel agent with MickeyTravels, the preferred agency of Chip & Co, my services are absolutely FREE!
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019