I recently returned from a trip to Universal Studios Orlando and I’m here to tell you, the excitement and thrills are still there! The Universal parks, hotels, and CityWalk are all welcoming back guests with open arms, and I was happy to be welcomed back. While there are definitely some new protocols and safety measures, know that these are done with only the health and safety of employees and guests in mind. The attractions are still there and just as thrilling, the food (and butterbeer) is still there and just as tasty, and the atmosphere was still full of fun and excitement. Here are my tips for making the most out of your visit to Universal Studios Orlando.
1. Make sure you bring these items with you
- A face covering that is light and comfortable for you to wear for long periods. My suggestion is to even bring multiple in case you’d like to switch it out ( rain or water attractions). Face coverings are a requirement and are being enforced.
- Hand Sanitizer- although an employee will personally pump sanitizer into your hand before each attraction, and there are sanitizing stations available, it is still a good idea to bring a small bottle of your own.
- A neck fan- a neck fan can be a lifesaver on a hot day!
- Water- you will need to stay hydrated throughout the day.
2. Utilize the Universal Orlando Resort App
You will definitely want to make sure you’ve downloaded the Universal Orlando resort App before heading to the parks. The app was so convenient to use on my trip. There are so many features available on it, including:
- Mobile food and drink ordering at select locations
- an interactive park map
- sign up for the virtual line for select attractions
- virtual wallet to house park tickets
- wait time alerts for attraction wait times
3. Skip the line with the virtual line feature
Can you imagine just walking right on to Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure? Well, with the virtual line feature-you can! It’s so easy! Open the App, select “Virtual Line Experience” set up your time to return to the attraction show up at that time. This is a great way to beat the crowds and ensure physical distancing.
4. Take a break from your face covering if needed in the designated U-Rest Areas
There are now designated U-Rest areas scattered throughout Universal Studios Resort where you can take off your face covering and cool down with a snack or drink. Here is w3here you can find U-Rest areas-
- Universal CityWalk- In front of Hard Rock down by the water
- Universal Studios Florida- Fear Factor live theater and Central Park by the lagoon
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure- The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad Stunt Show theater and Port of Entry Landing by the waterfront
5. Grab a frozen beverage
Nothing cools you down like an icy beverage on a hot Florida day. Grab a frozen beverage and sit to cool down. I opted for the amazing frozen butterbeer!
6. Plan out your day in advance
I definitely recommend having a game plan for the day to reduce the amount of walking and utilize your time. Plan out which attractions are a must and utilize the virtual line experience when you are able to. Make sure to include rest breaks and meals in your plans.
7. Use mobile ordering for food when possible
Again, The Universal App will be your best friend! Simply click on “Order Food and Drinks” from the menu, select the venue and your food. The best thing about this is the reduce3d time waiting and the minimization of in-person contact. This feature is available at multiple quick-pick up locations as well as quick-service restaurants. You can also use your Premiere or Preferred Passholder discount when using mobile ordering.
Keep in mind crowds are also relatively low right now, and with social distancing measures, it also feels like you get more of a personal experience. I had a great visit and have no doubt that if you follow these tips you will too!
- Do Masks Have to Stay on for all Photos at Disney World? - August 5, 2020
- 5 Reasons we Love Walt Disney World’s Swan and Dolphin Resorts - August 3, 2020
- 10 of the Best Disney Scents - July 28, 2020