When many people think about Disney’s new Pandora: The World of Avatar expansion, it’s all about the rides. Both Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey are sure to wow crowds in the Summer ahead. But what about those visitors that aren’t so into rides or families opting not to spend hours waiting in line? Pandora – The World of Avatar has you covered. There is a delightful array of exciting options for non-riders or for those that have some time to explore. To give you a taste here’s 7 options that you may want to check out next time you’re at the Animal Kingdom.
1. Channel Your Inner Na’vi – Windtraders offers a fantastic array of Na’vi related merchandise. There’s Na’vi ears, hoodies, tails. Guests can even opt to have their own likeness superimposed on a Na’vi action figures. Windtraders also runs a Bead Bar where visitors can handpick Na’vi beads, feathers and charms to make their own unique necklace. Those really wanting to look the part can also head over to Colors of Mo’ara and have their face painted Na’vi style.
2. Make Music at Swotu Wayä – Its name means “Sacred Place of Song” and after long lines and Summer heat, its nice for kids (and the kids at heart) to let off a little steam on these amazing instruments fashioned by the Na’vi. Like most things in Pandora, the instruments are connected to the land and have been known to erupt with both music and light. Give them a play and watch what happens!
3. Learn to Speak the Language – The Na’vi Translator, is a new device available for purchase at Windtraders. Originally designed by Alpha Centauri Expeditions, the translator is designed to help guests learn and pronounce 90 Na’vi words using 15 translation cards that come with the pack. The device also lights up at night which makes it perfect for those staying on in the evening to witness the transformation of Pandora into a bio-luminescent wonderland. Additional translation cards are available in trading card packs and cover topics from Animals, Phrases and Landscapes.
4. Adopt a Banshee – At Windtraders, there’s a special section know as the Rookery where guests can meet a variety of colorful banshees before they become matched with their perfect pet. There’s a wide range of amazing colors available and just as in the movie Avatar, part of the excitement is seeing which one will choose you. The banshees will set guest back$50 and make the perfect Pandora souvenir.
5. Unlock the Secrets of the Flaska Reclinata – As you’re making the rounds through this wonderful land, see if you can spot the curious plant pictured above. Its the Flaska Reclinata one of the most interesting plants in Pandora. Touch the it and see if you can help it “re-seed” itself.
6. Preserve the Memories with Disney PhotoPass – With something new, exotic and beautiful around every corner Pandora provides the ultimate photo op. Be on the lookout for Disney PhotoPass photographers at various locations throughout Pandora. If you’re lucky, your photos may even include one of the new Pandora-themed Magic Shots featuring a flying banshee! Those wanting to capture all of those amazing Disney memories may want to consider getting a Memory Maker package. Its $149 for an advanced purchase $169 at the parks and entitles the buyer to unlimited PhotoPass photos including ride photos and videos, family portraits in front of popular Disney vistas, character meet and greets and Magic Shots.
7. Experience Mobile Ordering for Satu’li Canteen – There’s already a buzz about Satu’li Canteen, Pandora’s Quick Service eatery. Here guests will find an amazing array of out-oft-this-world dishes including the rather space aged looking bao buns (pictured) packed with a vegetable curry or cheeseburger filling. The restaurant also boasts amazing seating some which offers fantastic views of Pandora’s otherworldly landscape. However, one of the coolest things about this eatery is that it’s the testing ground for one of Disney’s newest dining concepts: advance mobile ordering. Instead of waiting in line, guests can place an order in advance using their My Disney Experience app, let the restaurant know your there to pick up your food at the push of a button, and it will be waiting for you at the designated pick-up window. How fun and convenient is that!?
These are just many of the reasons why we here at Disney Addicts are already one over by Pandora. We hope you’ll pay this remarkable land a visit during your next Disney vacation!
Thinking about a visit to Pandora? Fill out our form below or click on the MickeyTravels logo below and let’s get planning!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019