Walt Disney World can be an incredibly romantic place for couples. For those heading to the parks for Valentines Day, we wanted to share with you some suggestions on ways to make your visit extra romantic. But please bear in mind that Disney is filled with a ton of romantic touches that can be experienced year round! So if you’ll be hitting the parks this year with that special someone you may want to take note of 7 ways that we like to add a bit of romance to our Disney days.
1. Enjoy a carriage ride- Why not surprise your loved one with a romantic carriage ride down the beautiful tree-lined paths at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort or meandering through the lush pine and cypress forests at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Both properties offer 20-minute rides that will set visitors back $55 (per booking) making it a wonderful touch that doesn’t break the bank. Advanced booking is recommended and can be done by contacting 407.WDW.PLAY.
2. Watch the Fireworks from California Grill. For a romantic dinner with an incredible view try and book a table at California Grill that coincides with Magic Kingdom’s nightly fireworks display. This rooftop restaurant at Disney’s Contemporary Resort has a private viewing deck where visitors can sip on a glass of bubbly while watching Happily Ever After light up the night sky. As it is one of Walt Disney World’s Fine/Signature Dining Restaurants, you can also count on top-notch cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients. You’ll find everything from Colorado Bison Loin and Swordfish, to an amazing sushi bar and massive wine menu. Fireworks dining times can be incredibly popular and fill up fast so advance booking is highly recommended and can be made online via My Disney Experience or at 407.WDW.DINE.
3. Go on a FerryTale Wishes Fireworks Cruise – For that special someone with a sweet tooth, this evening fireworks cruise is the perfect ending to a perfect Disney day. Clients board the ferry at the Ticket and Transportation Center and head out to Seven Seas Lagoon where there’s an assortment of tasty treats created by the incredible chefs at Disney’s monorail resorts. There’s also sparkling wines as well as hot and cold drinks on offer. Guests attending also receive a special take-home souvenir. The cost of the cruise is $99 per adult. Theme park admission is not required. These cruises can fill up fast so advanced booking is recommended. Cruises can be booked online at disneyworld.com or by calling 407.939.3463.
4. Indulge at Victoria and Albert’s- When it comes to ways to really spoil that special love in your life, look no further than this esteemed Grand Floridian eatery. Consistently receiving AAA’s five-diamond award for excellence, this is the best restaurant on Disney property and one of the best in the country. Its refined dress code, limited seating and delectable cuisine will definitely make you feel like VIPs for the evening. The cost to dine here is well over $60 per adult definitely making it a splurge but one that you’ll be bragging about for years to come. Advanced booking is essential and can be made at 407.WDW.DINE.
5. Have a romantic gift delivered to your resort room – Treat your special someone to a delightful surprise after a long day a the parks with one of Disney Floral and Gift’s fantastic arrangements. For the ultimate indulge consider the 2-Day Romantic Experience. On the first day, your loved one will receive a dozen roses and on the second day will return to a room adorned with scattered rose petals, candles, a Swarovski Crystal on silver bracelet, a carefully penned poem and Wishes Sparkling Cider and chocolates. Coming in a $375 its definitely for those looking to splash out. However, Disney Floral and gifts also offers a plethora of other options from chocolates and gift baskets to simpler floral arrangements starting at $50.00. For more information please check out their website at disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com.
6. Proclaim your love from high in the sky. If your loved one has a real sense of adventure then why not enjoy 360° views from 400ft up in the air with Aerophile- The World Leader in Balloon Flight at Disney Springs. Guests take to the skies in a hand-painted helium balloon where for around 10 minutes you’ll be able to enjoy amazing views of Walt Disney World Resort and vistas of up 10 miles into the distance. The balloon holds 29 people and costs $20 per adult. Tickets are purchased directly at the attraction on a first-come-first-served basis. It’s usually open from 8:30 am – 12am but guests should note that operating hours may change due to weather.
7. Treat your loved one to a Spa experience. Perfect for those that love to be pampered, Senses Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa is the perfect place to go for a bit of pampering. Here you can treat the love of your life to a range of treatments including massages, facials, body treatments, manicures/pedicures and spa packages ranging from 2-5 hours. The resort even offers a couples massage which runs $275 for 50 minutes or $390 for 80 minutes. Advance booking is highly recommended and can be done by phoning 407-WDW-SPAS.
So next time you are headed to Disney with that special person in your life, try out one of these magical ways to say “I love you.”
Planning a trip to Disney? Packages are currently available to boo through until the end fo 2018. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019