With all the construction going on at Hollywood Studios these days to make way for the new Toy Story Land and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge expansions, a question I get asked a lot is whether or not a visit to this park is still worth it. My answer tends to be a resounding yes! Not only are there fantastic rides like Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror and Star Tours but its also a fantastic place to meet some much-loved characters. To give you a taste of the Disney friends you’ll find at Hollywood Studios, here’s our Top 8 list of characters to be on the lookout for.
1. Chewbacca – An absolute must-do for Star Wars fans both young and old, you’ll find Chewie at Star Wars Launch Bay each day from around 9:00 am – 8:00pm. Lines for Chewbacca can get a bit long come mid-day so if he’s on your must-do list, try to get there early!
2. BB8 – You’ll find this loveable droid from The Force Awakens also holding court at Star Wars Launch Bay. He’ll usually be out to say hello from 9:00am – 8:00 pm daily and a PhotoPass photographer will be on hand to capture the encounter.
3. Kylo Ren – Guests opting to dance with the Dark Side will want to queue up to meet this Force Awakens baddie. Bring your courage though as Kylo tends to be a bit intimidating. You’ll find him at the Launch Bay from 9:00am – 8:00pm or also throughout the day at Jedi Training Academy: Trials of the Temple.
4. Sofia the First – For tiny tots that are a fan of Sofia’s Disney Jr. program, a meet-up with the loveable princess is a must. You’ll find her throughout the day meeting guests at the courtyard near Disney Jr. Live On Stage (usually from 9:00 am – 6:30pm) or at Hollywood and Vine during the Disney Jr. Play ‘n Dine.
5. Olaf – While Anna and Elsa hold court over at the Norway Pavilion at Epcot, you’ll find their loveable snowman friend at a special meet and greet location just next to For the First Time In Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration. He’s usually out from 9:00am – 8:00pm.
6. Woody – Andy’s favorite toy used to be on hand to meet guests over at Frontierland in Magic Kingdom but has recently moved to join his pal Buzz just across the way from Toy Story Midway Mania. Lines for this meet and greet can get very long, so try to hit it in the morning. You’ll find these cohorts on hand to greet guests from 9:00 am – 8:00pm.
7. Jake – Another popular choice with the youngsters, Jake has taken a break from Neverland to meet all those young fans visiting Hollywood Studios. You’ll find him next to Sofia just outside Disney Jr. Live On Stage where he holds court from 9:00 am – 6:30 pm. He’s also a part of the Disney Jr. Play ‘n Dine during breakfast at Hollywood and Vine.
8. Sorcerer Mickey – There are many different incarnations of Mickey that you can meet across Walt Disney World but there’s just something so iconic about Mickey in his sorcerer’s apprentice garb, that this meet and greet is always on our must-do list. You’ll find Mickey at Commissary Lane (right across from ABC Commissary restaurant) from 9:00 am – 8:00pm.
So next time you’re wondering whether or not Hollywood Studios should be on your must-do list, we’ve got 8 great reasons!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your holiday truly your own, and make sure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts (even after you’ve booked.) Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019