I have a very long list detailing what I love about sailing on the Disney Dream. Very high on that list is the area onboard know as The District. The District is located on Deck 4 aft, which is the rear of the ship and the entrance is on the port side (left side) of the ship. It is home to a variety of distinct lounges and nightclubs. Every evening, this sections of the ship morphs into an adults-only area offering entertainment, live music and of course, cocktails.
Source: Disney Cruise Line
Upon walking through the entrance, you will be in the District Lounge. This somewhat open area is the perfect place to gather with some friends, order a cocktail and listen to live piano, music or vocalists. The lighting in this area slowly changes to a more intimate intensity as day turns into night.
The lounge has a full-service bar, including:
- Draft and bottled beers
- Cocktail creations
- Frozen drinks
- Champagne by the glass and bottle
Pink: Wine & Champagne Bar
Located just to the right after entering The District, this bar is designed to look like the inside of a Champagne bottle. It is gorgeous inside!! Just take a look at the light fixture behind the bar:
This elegant lounge serves Champagne cocktails, sparkling wines and non-sparkly drinks including mixed drinks, single-malt whiskeys and cognac. You can even savor a flute of Taittinger Prestige Rose Champagne or Taittinger Brut La Francaise. Both of the Champagnes were created and bottled by the vineyard exclusively for Pink: Wine and Champagne Bar.
Source: Disney Cruise Line
During the day, families can participate in activities and games in this sports bar, such as movies, music and sports trivia contests, before it transforms into an adults refuge at night. It is the perfect place to just “chill” and watch some sports and events, especially on the massive plasma screen TV with digital surround-sound.
The pub has a full bar with a drink menu that includes both draft and bottled beer, cocktails, mixed drinks, spirits, Champagne and wines by the glass or bottle, plus coffee concoctions. Pub 687 also has its own exclusive red lager, “687” that is made from Noble hops grown in central Europe.
Fun Fact: Did you know that the number 687 refers to the vessel number that was assigned to the Dream by the shipyard when it was being built?
Just down the hallway from the pub, you will find Evolution. During the day, there are many family options including bingo and dance classes. Some of the adult offerings at night include dancing, games, karaoke, comedy and cabaret. Because it is a very large venue, there are a lot of large scale entertainment, such as revues and themed parties.
The theme of the club is an artistic interpretation of the transformation of a butterfly. Everywhere you will see patterns inspired by a monarch butterfly, including on the walls and even in the lighting on the ceiling. Along with a variety of cocktails, some of the most creative signature-specialty concoctions can be found here, such as:
- Papillon – includes VeeV Açai liqueur, Grand Marnier cognac, agave nectar, ginger and freshly-squeezed lime juice.
- Mariposa – made with No 3 London dry gin, Martini Rosso authentic botanical-infused sweet vermouth, strawberry puree, passion-fruit juice and fresh muddled basil leaves.
- Parnassius Apollo – Godiva chocolate liqueur, Frangelico hazelnut spirits, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlúa and honey.
Source: Disney Cruise Line
Tucked around the back corner of The District and somewhat hidden is Skyline. This lounge is named for the virtual panoramic views inside that magically change from one city to the next. What fun to sip on a cocktail while you “travel” to a different city every 15 minutes! Hong Kong to New York or London to Barcelona!! Disney Imagineering at its best! If you look closely, you might find Mickey Mouse waving at you from London!
Enjoy some hand-crafted cocktails from all different cities, such as:
- The “Paris 75”, Grey Goose Citron Vodka, peach schnapps, blue curacao, pineapple juice, a sugared rim – served with a souvenir glow cube.
- Barcelona’s “El Conquistador”, made with strawberry, basil and fresh cracked pepper along with Tanqueray gin and Absolut Peppar vodka.
- The “Londonium” contains Hendrick’s No. 3 London Dry Gin, Grand Marnier, Taittinger Champagne and mango puree plus a medley of freshly-muddled juicy lemon, orange and lime citrus slices.
- The “Aphrodite” from Athens has Metaxa, Cointreau, orange/passion-fruit juice with freshly muddled thyme, coriander, rosemary, basil and mint.
- Florence’s “Sogno di Cioccolato” includes Chianti, sweet cocoa, fresh muddled raspberries, agave nectar and whipped cream.
All of the venues have non-alcoholic offerings for those not imbibing.
I can personally vouch that whether you are looking for something high-energy or low-key while you cruise, The District on the Disney Dream will have a venue that you are sure to enjoy.
“Ready to book your Disney Cruise Line vacation adventure today? Contact me or fill out the form below to receive your free no obligation quote from a College of Disney Knowledge graduate and Senior Travel Planner with Key to the World Travel, the official travel partner for Disney Addicts and Chip and Co. As a full service travel agent, I can help you book and plan all Disney destinations including Adventures by Disney, Disney Cruise line, plus Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld, and so much more! My services are absolutely FREE to anyone booking a vacation through me! Contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 508-726-9590 or follow me on Facebook.”
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019