I was just recently thinking about how amazing the Food is at the Walt Disney World Resort Hotels (yes I often find myself thinking about Disney Food – that’s normal, right?), and I realized that a lot of people may not know just how many of these restaurants also offer full bars with a great BEER selection, too! So if you’re a big beer enthusiast, you will definitely want read on for my list of the Top 5 Beer Spots At the Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:
1. Big River Grille And Brew Works: This spot at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort is pretty special – as it’s the only working brewpub on WDW property – meaning they make their own beer on site! You can see them doing it at the restaurant, and last time I was there we even got to talk to the brewmaster about their special ales! Among the available award winning beers you will find their signature Rocket Red Ale, and an American Brown Ale, too. If you can’t decide between all the amazing options on tap – don’t worry, because you can try them all in a beer flight. The food here is pretty standard American grill fare – burgers, flatbread pizzas, sandwiches and salads. The food itself is pretty good, but let’s be real – the BEER is the main attraction here, for sure. I also personally love the location – the Boardwalk Resort is so beautiful, and is the perfect place for a post beer stroll!
Top Non- Beer “Adult” Beverage: Aside from the beers you will find a fully stocked bar here – with plenty of options for those who aren’t into beer. I personally love the Bar Fly – sweet tea vodka, lemonade and soda water for that little fizz – perfect on a hot Orlando day!
2. ESPN CLUB: If you stroll along a bit further on the Boardwalk from Big River Grille, you’ll find the ESPN club – a spot bursting with sports memorabilia, tons of TV’s broadcasting any and every sporting event know to man, and oh yeah – TONS of beer! The list is huge – from standards like Budweiser, Yuengling, and Assorted Sam Adams, to some uniquely different choices: Funky Buddha Hop Gun IPA, 3 Daughters Beach Blonde Ale, and Cigar City Florida Cracker White Ale – you will surely find something you haven’t tried before. The food here is pretty standard “bar” fare – assorted apps, burgers, and sandwiches round out the menu – and while all of it is pretty tasty, let’s be real – the REAL attractions here are the SPORTS and the BEER!
Top Non- Beer “Adult” Beverage: If I am going to have to sit in a bar with sports games and enthusiasts surrounding me, I’m gonna need to get an adult beverage or two in me! There are plenty to choose from here – Mai Tais, Margaritas, Long Island Iced Tea, and my top pic – the Espy – Absolut Mandarin, Peach Schnapps, Orange & pineapple juices, and sprite
3. California Grill: This is a great place to dine – the location (high up in Disney’s Contemporary Resort) offers amazing views, and the menu is to die for! And the bar list isn’t too shabby either – Bell’s Oberon (an Irish style pale lager), Innis & Gunn Original (from Scotland!), and Napa Smith Hopageddon (Extra hoppy per the name) are a few of the unique brews you’ll be able to sample here. There are plenty of others on the menu too, and the staff is always happy to suggest what might pair best with your food order – whether it be sushi, Oak-fired beef filet, or the apple salad topped with 2 year aged gouda cheese
Top Non- Beer “Adult” Beverage: California Grill boasts an impressive wine list (many from California, naturally!), and they also have some pretty interesting signature cocktails on the menu too – for my tastes I like the Santa Monica Cider – Rekorderling Strawberry-Lime Cider, Gin, Agave Nectar, and micro basil
4. Outer Rim Lounge: Downstairs from California Grill in the main area of the Contemporary Resort you’ll find this bar/lounge area where you can sit and enjoy amazing views of Bay Lake. You can enjoy some pretty stellar brews here too – Terrapin Rye Pale Ale (boasting five varieties of hops!), Napa Smith Organic IPA, and Young’s Double Chocolate Stout are among the many choices. You’ll also find a ton of more basic beers here too – like Heineken, Miller Lite, Corona, etc
Top Non- Beer “Adult” Beverage: The full bar menu here is bursting with specialty cocktails – habanero lime margaritas, Bahama mamas, and my personal favorite – the fireball cocktail – fireball cinnamon whisky and rumchata cream liqueur
5. Yachtsman Steakhouse: Big ole’ steak, a baked potato, and a beer to wash it all down – doesn’t get much more American than that, does it?! In addition to serving up a selection of mouth-watering cuts of beef like Filet Mignon and Prime Rib, this steakhouse also has a great bar menu, too! More mainstream stuff like Miller Light and Blue Moon are staples on the menu, but there are also beers that you won’t find in many other places – like Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, Widmer Drifter, and Abita Turbo Dog
Top Non- Beer “Adult” Beverage: Wine always pairs well with steak, and a glass of the De Toren Z Red Blend is the perfect choice here for non beer-lovers
When you’re on vacation, you want to relax, enjoy your surroundings, and try something new (at least I know I do!) and with these top beer spots at the Disney Resorts – you can check off all three in one sitting!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? There are still fantastic 2017 packages to be had and 2018 packages go on sale June 22nd. Get a jumpstart on your plans and fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Latest posts by Catie H (see all)
- Where Can You Buy Sundries at WDW? - August 19, 2019
- Celebrate The Holidays At Sea With Disney Cruise Line! - August 12, 2019
- Perks Of Having The Disney Chase Visa Card - August 5, 2019