One of the things I found the most charming about sailing on a Disney Cruise is how much pride Disney travelers take in making their stateroom their own. Nowhere is this more evident than in the fun door magnets and other decorations that visitors use to adorn their stateroom doors. These delightful DIY’s make walking down the otherwise boring corridors fun and full of pixie dust.
But for first time Disney cruisers, it’s hard to know what exactly is permissible when it comes to stateroom decorating. That’s why we here at Disney Addicts wanted to outline a few stateroom decorating guidelines to help you prepare.
- Guests are able to place magnetic signs on stateroom doors. However, it should be noted for those staying in Concierge staterooms aboard both the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy that the doors in this class are wooden.
- Tape, stickers or any other adhesives is not allowed. This includes gel adhesives as all of these items could potentially damage the finish of the stateroom doors.
- Guests are also prohibited from using any over the door hanging organizers because they have the tendency to scratch and disfigure the doors or the trim.
Provided that you door decorations fall within these guidelines, you are good to add as many personal touches as you like to your stateroom doors. Half the fun is seeing what you and other cruisers have come up with. However, guests should note that stateroom doors are regularly checked for damage and if Disney Cruise Line feels that your decorations have caused damage, you can be fined up to $100 per incident to cover the repair to the doors.
If you’re celebrating a special occasion while aboard your cruise you can also pay Disney Cruise Line to have the inside of your stateroom decorated. Check out this article to find out more!
So decorate away but try and stick with magnetic decorations where the risk of anything happening to the door is minimal.
Thinking about a Disney Cruise? Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 10 Reasons Why We Can’t Wait For Star Wars Nite at Disneyland - April 26, 2018
- What We Know About This Year’s Eat To the Beat Concert Series at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival - April 26, 2018
- 10 Must-Try Pixar-Themed Sweet Treats at Disneyland - April 25, 2018