Question: I’m heading out on a Disney Cruise and wondering if I can do laundry while at sea. Can I?
Answer: Yes! Although one of the perks of being on vacation is leaving the household chores at home, we all know that sometimes things don’t go as planned and you find yourself needing to do laundry. Each of the ships has 24-hour self-service laundry facilities, scattered throughout the decks. Here you will find washers, dryers, irons and a vending machine for detergent.
On the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, there are 7 laundry locations:
- Deck 2- near stateroom 2002
- Deck 5- near stateroom 5192
- Deck 6- near stateroom 6508
- Deck 7- near stateroom 7014
- Deck 8- near stateroom 8150
- Deck 9- near stateroom 9500
- Deck 10- near stateroom 10572
On the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, there are 3 laundry locations:
- Deck 2- near stateroom 2096
- Deck 6- near stateroom 6588
- Deck 7- near stateroom 7590
There is no need to bring your quarters along to do laundry. You can swipe your Key to the World card to pay. Just select an available washer or dryer, swipe your card, and confirm. There are card readers on each machine on the Magic and Wonder. The Dream and Fantasy have a central panel. A complete load of laundry will cost you $4 ($2 to wash, $2 to dry), except on the Wonder where it is $1 each. Detergent costs extra ($1) and there is a soap facility in each location. If this seems confusing, never fear….Disney has placed detailed instructions to help you get your laundry done as quickly as possible!
Of course, if you can not be bothered by taking time away from your cruise, you can take advantage of full-service laundry and dry cleaning, available with pickup from your stateroom. Guest Services would be happy to arrange this for you and there are Express options, as well.
Some tips to make things go smoothly:
- Bring a pop-up hamper. We take one on every vacation and it helps keep the room neat and your dirty clothes away from your clean ones.
- Consider bringing all-in-one laundry sheets (if you can still find them!) which include detergent and fabric softener in a convenient, travel-friendly sheet.
- Take time to read the laundry facility instructions.
- Play your laundry for off times. Port day mornings are a great time to do laundry while everyone is anxious to get off the boat.
- Set a timer, alarm or watch the clock. Don’t leave your completed laundry sitting for a long time. Other passengers are waiting to do laundry too.
- Check the dryer lint traps….I can not stress this one enough!
The Disney Cruise Line thinks of everything to ensure that your trip at sea has the comforts of home close by. Are you ready to set sail on your first or return DCL vacation? Then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can start planning and be sure to follow me on Facebook to keep up with the latest Disney news, promotions and events. Happy Sailing!
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Booking A Walt Disney World Vacation - June 16, 2019
- New Attractions coming to Walt Disney World - June 14, 2019