If you’re a big fan of Kermit and the gang and will be heading to Walt Disney World at some point soon -you are in luck. There are many ways to catch a glimpse of your favorite Muppet friends since The Jim Henson Company and Disney joined forces back in 2004. And with the success of the recent movie The Muppets and its sequel, their influence has certainly been on the rise. So be sure to pay the gang a visit during your next trip to the Mouse.
1. The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History – Here to make History fun for boys and girls of all ages, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, the Great Gonzo, Sam the Eagle and James Jefferson (Liberty Squares Town Crier) come out several times a day to bring key moments in early American History to life from the signing of the Declaration of Independence to the midnight ride of Paul Revere. You won’t want to miss this hilarious romp through some of America’s finest moments with a hefty dose of Muppet shenanigans thrown in.
Performances run daily at 9:30 AM, 10:15 AM, 10:50 AM, 11:55 AM, 12:20 PM, 1:25 PM, 2:20 PM, 4:40 PM and is held outside the Hall of Presidents in the Liberty Square Area of the Magic Kingdom.
2. PizzeRizzo- Later this fall Disney World Guests will be able to soak in the Muppet-themed ambiance as PizzeRizzo opens in the Muppet’s Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the location formerly know as Toy Story Pizza Planet. The backstory is that Rizzo the Rat owns and operates this Pizza joint where guests can grab a slice and a cold drink. Little else is known about the theming or extra Muppet touches that may be added. We’ll release further details as and when they become available.
3. Stage 1: Company Store – If it’s Muppet merchandise that you’re after, look no further than this shop also located in Muppet Courtyard. The Company Store has everything from clothes, hats, Muppet toys, and pins. You name it and you’ll probably find it there. It is an utter-delight and a worthy dose of retail therapy However, what I like most about this shop is the homage it pays to the Happiness Hotel from The Great Muppet Caper. If you are truly into your Muppet history be sure to check out all of the little details (many of which can be found by looking up when you enter the shop) and watch the movie come to life.
4. Muppet Vision 3D – The Muppets get their own full-fledged attraction with this Hollywood Studios 3 D Spectacular. Watch as some of your favorite Disney friends including Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Scooter, and Swedish Chef take you on a tour of Muppet Labs for a demonstration of the Muppet Vision 3 D technology they have been perfecting. As you can imagine the hi-jinks ensue. The musical numbers and 3D effects have made it a favorite attractions with Muppet -lovers. And don’t forget to enjoy the little details as you go through the queue. For me, its these little touches that are almost as wonderful as the attraction itself. Oh and be sure to look under the mat.
5. The Muppet Mobile Lab– This marvel of modern technology is currently making the rounds throughout Epcot. The lovable scientist Beaker will be roaming the park aboard his mobile scientific lab with trusted friend Beaker at his side. The animatronic unit is the handiwork of Disney Imagineers who debuted the project at Epcot back in 2007 before taking it on tour to the West Coast and then overseas to Hong Kong Disneyland. This attraction is sure to capture the hearts and imaginations of Muppet fans young and old as it comes equipped with special effects, water nozzles, smoke and even confetti cannons. So be on the lookout next time you’re having an Epcot stroll.
So next time you’re at the theme parks, why not indulge in a little bit of Muppet madness.
Planning your next trip to the Mouse? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from creating your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019