One of Magic Kingdom’s most popular rides turns 7 today! On May 28th, 2014, this beloved ride opened to the public. With lines still topping over 80 minutes on a busy day, everything from the immersive line to the glimpse into beloved cottage made this ride the hit we know and love to this day! Here are some fun fac
- Come Sway Away!
- If you haven’t had a chance to ride this unique ride, something that makes it unique is that the carts can sway from side to side! What better way to make you feel like you are in an actual mine-cart!
- Ride Footage
- A sign of the times? Whilst we are used to photos being taken during a highlight of the ride, fans can expect to see live footage of their ride with their My Disney Experience App. It sure is a memorable way to remember your trip through the mines!
- Different Rides, Same Designer
- Though 7 Dwarfs Mine Train has its own story, it kind of has a familiar feel. Roller Coaster manufacturer ‘Vekoma’ is no stranger to producing some of Disney’s most iconic coasters. 13 coasters – from across a variety of Disney parks – have been produced by Vekoma! Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Exhibition Everest are two of the thirteen!
- Familiar Faces
- Walt Disney World used to be home to Snow Whites Scary Adventures. Thankfully, some of the animatronics (such as the vultures and some dwarfs) from the famous ride has been reused and can be seen on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
- Did I Hear ‘Soup’?
- In Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, a song was removed from the movie called, “Music In Your Soup”. Imagineers lovingly placed this song in the queue to pay homage to the film!
- Lock and Key
- Looking to enter the vault within the mine? Well, the key is right where Dopey left it! Look outside the vault door and hanging there will be the key!
- Similar Surroundings
- Wondering what the Shanghai Disneylands’ version feels like – or vice versa? The layout is exactly the same, except for a difference in the language narration.
Do you have any 7 Dwarfs Mine Train fun facts? We’d love to hear them – especially on the 7th Anniversary. Hopefully this ride is around for a long time since it pays a perfect tribute to Disney’s first film.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- 7 Essential Films and Shorts to Watch to Celebrate Mickey and Minnie’s Birthday! - November 18, 2022
- 7 Animated Films to Enjoy with the Family this Thanksgiving! - November 15, 2022
- Not to be Missed: Caramel Treats of Fall (and Winter) Season at Walt Disney World! - November 11, 2022