This week we are celebrating the delicious, crisp, breakfast cake known as the waffle. The great thing about waffles is how diverse they are! Savory or sweet, there are so many options for dressing up this tasty treat. And there are so many locations to find a waffle at Disney parks around the world. So, if you are spending Waffle Week at a Disney park, grab a yummy waffle from one or more of these places.
Bubble Waffles from AristoCrépes, Double Chocolate Waffle Sundae from Vivoli il Gelato, and Magical Sundae from Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop can all be found in Disney Springs.
Specialty Waffles from Sleepy Hollow at Magic Kingdom Park (one of my personal favorites) and Belgian Waffles from EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
Chicken and Waffles from Scat Cat’s Club from Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter and Chicken and Waffles from Ale & Compass Restaurant at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
Warm Waffle Sundae from Ballast Point Brewing Company at the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort.
Mickey Waffle Platter with Mixed Berries from Main Street Corner Café Hosted by Coca-Cola, Mickey Waffle with House-made Gelato from Disney Explorers Lodge, and Mickey Bubble Waffle Egg Puff and Mickey Waffle with Mixed Berries, Whipped Cream, and Maple Syrup and Ice Cream Waffle Baskets from various Outdoor Vending Locations at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Specialty Waffles from Il Paperino, Remy’s Patisserie, and Troubadour Treats at Shanghai Disneyland Resort.
Mickey Waffles from the Great American Waffle Company at Toyko Disney Resort.
Classic Mickey Waffles from Various Locations at our Parks and Resorts around the World.
If you won’t be at a Disney park or resort this week, you can make your own Disney waffle treat at home! Disney has shared the recipe for Chocolate Waffles with Espresso Frozen Mousse from Tamu Tamu Refreshments at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup semisweet chocolate chips
For Espresso Mousse
- Place white chocolate chips into a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup heavy cream and espresso in a small saucepan over high heat; heat until very hot but not boiling. Pour hot cream over white chocolate chips, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Add egg yolks, whisking until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip remaining 3 cups cream to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold whipped cream into white chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Dollop mousse into a lightly greased muffin tin. Freeze until hard.
For Chocolate Sauce
- Whisk together heavy cream, sugar, water, corn syrup, and cocoa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, whisking often, until sugar is dissolved.
- Lower heat to low; whisk in chocolate chips until completely melted. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a separate bowl.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds; remove from microwave and stir for 10 seconds, then microwave 10 seconds more. Remove from microwave and stir; if chocolate isn’t melted, microwave 10 seconds more.
- Add melted chocolate and butter mixture to milk and egg mixture.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Cook waffles in a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove espresso mousse from freezer and dip bottom of pan in warm water to remove mousse.
- Top warm waffles with frozen espresso mousse. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
- Take a Trip to a Disney Resort outside of Walt Disney World - April 13, 2021
- Full details on the Reopening of Disneyland – Tickets, Reservations and More - April 10, 2021
- What is replacing Disney’s Magical Express in 2022? - April 8, 2021