It’s the season of holiday cheer! There’s no better way to celebrate the season than to bake cookies at home. That’s why we celebrate National Cookie Day on December 4th! Wouldn’t you like to make some wonderful gingerbread cookies this weekend? Keep reading to learn how to make wonderful cookies at home!
The following recipe makes 24 cookies.
- 1 1/4 cups (160 grams) gingerbread cookie mix
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) rye flour
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (6 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (3 grams) ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.3 grams) ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.3 grams) ground anise seed
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (120 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) honey
- 2 (100 grams) eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) water
- 1/4 cup (40 milliliters) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) pasteurized liquid egg whites
- 2 cups (250 grams) powdered sugar
Gel food coloring, in desired colors
1. Sift gingerbread cookie mix, rye flour, bread flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and anise seed into large bowl. Set aside.
2. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add honey, 1 egg, water, and milk and mix on medium speed until smooth. Add flour mixer and beat on low speed until mixed. Dough will still be slightly sticky.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or
silicone baking mats. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
5. Roll cookie dough into 1/8-inch (3-4 millimeter) thick
rectangle and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
6. Remove dough from refrigerator and cut into gingerbread men shapes using 3 1/2-inch (8.9
centimeter) cookie cutter. Place on prepared
7. Beat remaining egg in small bowl and brush egg on
gingerbread. Bake for 12 minutes.
8. Cool completely on wire racks before decorating.
For Royal Icing:
1. Whisk liquid egg whites in large bowl until frothy. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
2. Place in smaller bowls and tint with desired colors.
3. Transfer to piping bags fitted with desired tips and
decorate gingerbread men.
Will you be trying making any Christmas cookies this holiday season? Let us know if you try making any Disney inspired bakery treats at home!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- Fun Facts about the Gingerbread Displays at Disney World - December 11, 2022
- Sugar Rush Needs to Replace Tomorrowland Speedway in the Magic Kingdom - December 11, 2022
- Fun Facts about the Holiday Decor at Disney World - December 10, 2022