Things are reaching fever pitch at Walt Disney World with the release of three discounts for 2017. The first two offers are exclusive to Chase Disney Visa cardholders, and the third to active and retired military personnel . The release of these offers has the Disney community abuzz as historically Visa offers have served as a precursor to discounts offered to the general public. Though Disney has not said anything official about upcoming offers, many are speculating that general discounts may be released the first week in October.
But, before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s look at the discounts that are currently available.
Disney Visa® Cardholder Play, Stay and Dine Packages – A fan favorite, these packages offer a discount for guests who book resort, ticket and dining options. Here’s what we know:
- The offer is valid for stays most nights between January 1, 2017 – March 7, 2017.
- Stays must be between 3- 14 nights.
- Guests must book by December 21, 2016
- A Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards Redemption card must be used to pay for the deposit on the package in order to qualify.
- The following resorts are exempt from the offer: Campsites at For Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows.
Packages are limited so Visa Cardholders are advised to book early to take advantage of the offer.
Disney Visa® Cardmember Winter Offer – Cardmembers booking under this offer will receive a discount on the resort portion of the their Walt Disney World package. Here are the details:
- The offer is valid for stays most nights between January 1, 2017 – April 8, 2017
- Length of stay requirements may apply.
- Guests must book by December 21, 2016.
- Per adult charges may be applied if there are over 2 adults per room.
- A Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card must be used to pay for the deposit on the package in order to qualify for the offer.
- The following rooms are exempt from the discount: Campsites at For Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows.
Again the number of the rooms allocated for this offer are limited so guests are strongly encouraged to book early.
Disney Military Discounts – Now is the time to book for active or retired military planning a 2017 visit to Walt Disney World with the release of both a ticket and room discounts.
Tickets – Disney is offering military discounts on 4 and 5 day tickets with Park Hopper or Water Park Fun and More add-ons. Here’s a sample of what the costs would be:
- 4 Day Park Hopper or Water Park, Fun and More $209 each
- 5 Day Park Hopper or Water Park, Fun and More $224 each
- 4 Day Park Hopper AND Water Park, Fun and More option $246 each
- 5 Day Park Hopper AND Water Parks, Fun and More option $ 262 each
Discounted Military park tickets can be booked either by contacting Disney Directly or via the Ticket Office at your Military base.
Resorts – Disney is also offering active or retired Military members up to 40% off a Walt Disney World Resort stay during 2017. Here are the details.
- The offer is valid for stays most nights between January 1, 2017 – December 19, 2017.
- The discount applied will be $30 off a Value Resort, 35% off Moderate Resorts and Fort Wilderness cabins, 40% off Deluxe Resorts and Villas (3 bedroom villas and bungalows are excluded).
- Blackout dates are in effect from April 9 -23, 2017.
- The offer is open to the following military members: Active, Reserve, National Guard, Coast Guard, Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service, Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Retired Military (from the categories listed above) and 100% Service Connected Disabled with the DAVPRM code on their military issued ID.
- A valid military ID will be required at the time of check in. Those without ID run the risk of losing their discount.
Each resort has a limited amount of rooms that can be used for this offer so advanced booking is strongly encouraged. The rates can be booked directly through Disney or by contacting your travel agent
We here at DisneyAddicts hope that this is just the start of further discounts soon to be released for the first half of 2017. Readers are encouraged to watch this space for updates!
Want to nab a discount for 2017? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Could you use a bit of help planning your next Disney getaway? Why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package, to getting the best discounts (even after you’ve booked) to securing those hard-to-get Dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019