Q: Does Disney Cruise Line do anything special for Halloween or Christmas?
A: For those of you that have visited Walt Disney World during the holidays, you know that Disney pulls out all of the stops. From the fun-filled Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party each Autumn to the big Christmas takeover that happens every November- December including such fantastic events as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Epcot’s Christmas Around the World and the Candlelight Processional, no one does holidays quite like Disney. But what about when it comes to sailing the seas with Disney Cruise Line?
Whether you’re considering a cruise and pondering the best time to go, or if you already have a cruise booked during the later half of the year, you’ll be pleased to know that just like it’s theme park counterparts when it comes to holiday fun the festive spirit aboard a Disney cruise knows no bounds. Guests setting sail between the beginning of September thru the end of October will get the added bonus of the Halloween on the High Seas celebration and those travelling between early November thru until Christmas will find themselves enjoying one of Disney Cruise Line’s much-loved Very Merrytime Cruises. Here’s a breakdown of what you might expect to find at both:
Halloween on the High Seas- Taking place on most September thru October voyages aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Magic, guests will find their ships magically transformed with lots of spooktacular touches including:
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party – Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party with sea legs, don your favorite get-up and join characters and crew for a costume party complete with games, dancing and enough sweets to keep your little ones bouncing off the walls of your stateroom well into the wee hours of the morning.
- Haunted Stories of the Sea- Just like telling spooky stories around the campfire, this under-the-stars story-time is filled with nautical-loving ghosts that go bump in the night.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas – Sing and Scream – Halloween would not be complete without a visit from Jack Skellington and Sally. Not only will guests have an opportunity to pose for photos with the spooky duo but the ships will also be screening The Nightmare Before Christmas with guests encouraged to sing along to their favorite tunes from this Tim Burton classic.
- Creepy Cabaret – The spooks are literally crawling out of the woodwork on your Disney cruise ship including this in-house ghost band bound to keep you entertained with their ghoulish musical numbers.
In addition to the events listed above, spooky movies and special Halloween themed treats will be on offer. Adults looking for a more 18+ Halloween shebang should head to the entertainment district for costume contests and a villain themed dance party.
What cruises will be included in Halloween on the High Seas? The list of included sailings are as follows:
- Disney Dream: 3 or 4 night Bahamian cruises sailing between September 2 – October 31, 2016
- Disney Fantasy: 7 night Eastern or Western Caribbean cruises sailing between September 3- October 29, 2016
- Disney Magic: 5 night Canadian, 7 and 8 night Bahamian cruises sailing between October 2 – 29, 2016
Very Merrytime Cruises – Taking place on most November and December voyages aboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy, guests will delight in ships decorated in all their Yuletide splendor and featuring festive extras including:
- Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball – Santa and Mrs. Claus are the guests of honor in this festive celebration featuring Broadway-style entertainment and guest appearances by everyone’s favorite royal sisters, Anna and Elsa.
- Mickey’s Tree Lighting Magic – Those gathering in the atrium lobby on the first night of the cruise will be led through a medley of Christmas carols sung some of their favorite Disney friends before the glistening 3 deck tall Christmas tree springs to life.
- Deck the Deck Holiday Party – Christmas meets the tropics in this warm-weathered celebration featuring limbos, conga lines and even a Yuletide Slide performed around the central pool area.
- Dickens-inspired Carolers – These Victorian singers conjure up the beauty of Christmases past with their inspiring renditions of classic carols while accompanied by some of your Disney pals.
The holiday fun doesn’t stop there as these festive cruises also boast a boatload of fun family activities including building gingerbread houses, decorating Christmas stockings, and getting to meet the big guy himself during one of the Santa meet and greets. Even Castaway Cay gets a holiday makeover as the Christmas flurries co-mingle with tropical climes.
Those cruising on Thanksgiving Day will experience all of the fantastic offerings listed above as well as a special Thanksgiving Day feast. Football fans won’t have to do without as the large screens will also be broadcasting NFL games. Travelling on Christmas Day? Then Santa will be on hand with some special surprises for the little ones, Christmas Dinner will also be on offer and there will be religious services available for those on-board between December 24 – January 1st, 2016. And for those choosing to ring in the New Year with Disney Cruise Line, there will be a New Year’s Eve bash complete with sparkling wines and a midnight countdown.
What sailings will be included in the Very Merrytime Cruises? The list of included voyages are as follows:
- Disney Dream: 3 or 4 night Bahamian cruises sailing between November 7 – December 22, 2016
- Disney Fantasy: 7 night Eastern or Western Caribbean cruises sailing between November 19 – December 24, 2016
- Disney Magic: 4 and 5 night Bahamian, 5, 6 and 7 night Eastern Caribbean and 7 Night Western Caribbean cruises sailing between November 5 and December 23, 2016.
- Disney Wonder: 4 and 7 night Western Caribbean Cruises and 7 Night Bahamian cruises sailing between November 10 – December 23, 2016.
What about sailings for 2017? Disney Cruise Line has released itineraries through until the end of 2017. However announcements for their holiday-inspired cruises won’t be released until next Summer. Those wanting to book a Halloween or Christmas cruise for next year can use this year’s themed sailings as a guideline but should bear in mind that Disney could always change things up for next year.
I’m sold. How do I book my Halloween or Christmas Cruise? Guests interested in finding out more about these special sailings should visit disneycruise.com, contact your travel agent or fill out our form below for your FREE quote.
Thinking of sailing the seven seas with Disney? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels not only can I help you find your perfect sailing but will also be on hand to help you get the most out of your time at sea. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. You’d pay the same if you were to book with Disney Cruise Line directly. Get in touch at email@example.com, toll free at 1.800.801.4025 or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019