Disney Wish Delivers Endless Entertainment for Families to Delight in Disney Storytelling Together
New enchantment awaits families aboard the Disney Wish; from indulging in “Inside Out”-inspired treats to going on a picnic with “Frozen” friends to immersive shows featuring Disney Princesses, villains and heroes, the newest Disney Cruise Line ship delivers endless fun for the whole family.
“Family is at the heart of everything we do,” said Laura Cabo, portfolio creative executive, Walt Disney Imagineering. “When we set out to design the next generation of Disney cruise ships, we wanted to provide families with more opportunities than ever to make lasting memories together and to experience Disney storytelling in completely new ways. Whether it’s a new take on a guest favorite experience, like our signature sweets shop, or an immersive show in a first-of-its-kind venue like Luna and Hero Zone, there is no shortage of family fun aboard the Disney Wish.”
Related – New Adults-Only Experiences Inspired by Disney and Star Wars Stories Premiere Aboard the Disney Wish
Immersive Storytelling and Interactive Shows
Disney Cruise Line combines innovative design and technology to create the next generation of family entertainment venues aboard the Disney Wish: Grand Hall, Luna and Hero Zone. These imaginative environments come to life with immersive storytelling and interactive shows putting families front and center as they play a part in the magic.
The fairytale castle-inspired Grand Hall evolves from a gathering space into an enchanting theater through the magic of built-in special effects and the first atrium stage on a Disney ship.
- A royal greeting awaits families as they enter the glittering Grand Hall for the first time. Every child receives their own wishing wand upon embarkation, which they use to make the “First Wish” of their vacation during a special boarding celebration.
- During the sailing, families can attend a royal gathering of magnificent proportions as Disney Princesses descend into the Grand Hall to meet and greet with guests.
- The Grand Hall stage conceals a host of Disney friends during “Who’s Behind the Curtain?”, a playful game show where guests answer questions to reveal the identity of hidden characters.
- On the final night of every sailing, cruisers return to the Grand Hall and raise their wands with Fairy Godmother to ignite a spectacular farewell show featuring favorite characters, special effects and lively performances.
This brand-new entertainment hub — outfitted with a two-story LED screen wall, stage and bar — offers a variety of live shows designed for families to laugh, sing and compete together.
- “Villains Game Night” is a witty game show where guests attempt to answer Disney trivia questions amid the jeers and sneers of nefarious onscreen Disney foes, including Cruella de Vil, Gaston, Hades, Maleficent and more.
- “Disney Songbook” puts guests in the spotlight as they belt out Disney songs and showcase their star talent for a live camera crew, who project each performance onto the big screen.
- During the live grand finale event for Disney Uncharted Adventure, an all-new interactive experience that uses guests’ mobile devices to unlock hidden adventures aboard the ship, families team up with other cruisers to battle an infamous Disney villain.
Introducing a completely new category of active family play to the Disney Cruise Line portfolio, Hero Zone is a futuristic sports arena where physical activity blends with imagination, offering highly produced show experiences in addition to free-play sports.
- Families test their strength, speed and stamina during the Incredi-Games, a high-energy game show featuring an elaborate obstacle course of over-the-top physical challenges, each inspired by the dynamic characters of Pixar’s “The Incredibles.”
- Now with more fanfare than ever before, the guest-favorite Disney Cruise Line experience Jack-Jack’s Incredible Diaper Dash offers terrific tots the chance to compete for the coveted title of Diaper Dash Champion as they speed-crawl across a 20-foot track amid the cheers (and chuckles) of family, friends and adoring fans.
Related – Disney Cruise Line Debuts Three Brand-New Family Restaurants on the Disney Wish
Inside Out: Joyful Sweets
The shop offers nearly 40 flavors of gelato and ice cream, with daily handcrafted gelato specials in decadent combinations like peanut butter pretzel and white chocolate raspberry. Whipped cream, fruit compotes and sauces are freshly made in-house to complement a wide selection of tasty toppings.
Signature treats inspired by the film include colorful cupcakes representing the five emotions — Joy (lemon), Sadness (blueberry), Disgust (pistachio), Anger (red velvet) and Fear (bubble gum) — and chocolate Memory Orbs filled with sweet candy remembrances. Specialty macarons and cake pops join the assortment of handcrafted truffles, designer cookies, indulgent brownies and vibrant candy.
Olaf’s Royal Picnic
For the first time in … ever, guests can join their favorite “Frozen” friends for a summertime picnic in Arendelle during a premium entertainment experience for families with children ages 3 to 12. At Olaf’s Royal Picnic, guests interact with Olaf, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff like never before and delight in live musical performances of favorite songs like “Let It Go,” “Fixer Upper” and “In Summer.”
Under the expert direction of Baroness Dagmar Birgir — a lively lady-in-waiting to Queen Anna — castle staff serve delicious summer treats and picnic fare for the whole family to enjoy. The hall is decked out in summer splendor just for the occasion, with a canopy of colorful flowers among the festive decor. Children receive an assortment of gifts and keepsakes, including a reversible troll plush, themed picnic blanket and custom Nordic-style mandolin, which they’ll need for a special “Reindeer(s) Are Better than People” strum-and-sing-along with Kristoff.
What’s more, from royal proclamations to unexpected visitors, the show is jam-packed with surprises worth melting for. Guests who booked a Disney Wish cruise may reserve Olaf’s Royal Picnic before their sailing for an additional fee.
More Fun Throughout the Ship
In true Disney Cruise Line fashion, the Disney Wish offers a robust menu of world-class entertainment infused with more Disney storytelling, bringing to life the fantastical worlds and beloved characters at the heart of Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars adventures like never before.
Families embark on a splashtacular adventure with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse aboard the first Disney attraction at sea; revel in a royal celebration during a theatrical dining experience with “Frozen” friends; team up with the Avengers on a Marvel cinematic dining adventure; travel to a galaxy far, far away in a first-of-its-kind Star Wars experience on board a Disney ship; delight in an original, Broadway-style theatrical production of “The Little Mermaid”; and so much more.
If you’d like to sail on the Disney Wish, contact me today to start planning your next cruise! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, my services are complimentary, and I’d love to help you plan a magical vacation.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Disney Reimagined Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland - June 7, 2023
- 8 Ways to Kick Off Summer Fun at Walt Disney World! - June 6, 2023
- What Disney World Rides to Book First with Disney Genie+ - June 5, 2023