Disney’s Animal Kingdom has always had one major focus – all things EARTH. During their Earth Week Celebration, there are plenty of new and exciting opportunities headed to Animal Kingdom! Guests will be able to, “connect with the magic of nature through engaging activities designed to educate and inspire the whole family” according to Walt Disney World News.
Sp – when is Earth Celebration Week? Head to Animal Kingdom from April 18 to 24! The park will be hosting “limited-time experiences including unique Disney character appearances, fun learning opportunities, specialty merchandise, themed food and beverage, a new Wilderness Explorer activity and more”.
So what can you expect? Take a look below on all the Earth Week Magic heading to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Looking for an art lesson to see how Disney Artists bring characters to life? Stop by The Animation Experience at Conservation Station. Here, guests will be able to learn how to draw a variety of characters including Dumbo, Terk, Squirt, Shere Khan, Simba and, Scar! These characters’ real-life counterparts highlight important conservation efforts that are happening in the real world!
- Keep an eye on the rivers! Some special characters will be joining other Disney friends on Discovery River Character Cruises.
- Prepare your taste buds! Limited-time cupcakes are about to make an appearance! Head to Creature Comfort’s for the Honey Bee Cupcake, the strawberry-flavored Flamingo Cupcake at Flame Tree Barbecue or the Sea Turtle Graham Cracker Cupcake. Thats not all though, there are some specialty beverages as well! The Red Crowned Crane, a frozen Coke topped with frozen Cherry Coke and strawberry cotton candy – adults will be able to add Captain Morgan Rum if they choose.
- If you’re a fan of a nature-themed challenge, guests can head on a self-guided tour that allows an opportunity to earn a special Wilderness Explorer limited-time Earth Day Nature Badge.
- Are you a Pin Collecter? An Earth Day 2021 limited-edition Te Fiti Moana trading pin awaits you! You can, “also support the Disney Conservation Fund by purchasing a cuddly plush inspired by species that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom home; or check out Island Mercantile’s eco-friendly water bottles, tumblers and reusable bags that promote sustainability”. We love shopping for a good cause and can’t wait to see everything there is to offer!
- Two words, BABY ANIMALS. “Most recently, the park welcomed the birth of Ranger, and guests can get a glimpse of the rambunctious 5-month-old calf and his rhino family on a journey aboard Kilimanjaro Safaris. While on safari, guests can also keep an eye out for two young Masai giraffe who were born a few months ago, and playful Nigerian dwarf goats that hang out at the warden’s outpost” – We’ll be keeping a lookout for the new members of the Disney Family!
- Starting April 2, guests will be able to watch artisans take 40 tons of sand and transform it into a beautifully detailed sculpture celebrating National Geographic’s “Secrets of the Whales,” an original series streaming on Disney+ on Earth Day. “The intricately sculpted masterpiece will be located on the Discovery Island Stage until April 30.”
There is so much happening at Animal Kingdom and we simply cannot wait to see everything there is to come. If you haven’t – Check out “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” on Disney+ and make sure you keep up with everything going on throughout the parks for Earth Month!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- Celebrate National Pizza Day at these 7 Walt Disney World Pizza Places! - February 9, 2024
- 5 Films to Watch to Celebrate 71 Years of Walt Disney’s Peter Pan! - February 6, 2024
- Celebrate this Lunar New Year with 10 Films Featuring Iconic Disney Dragons! - February 2, 2024