If you haven’t visited Disney since the pandemic and are planning a trip, you’ll want to read up on all of the changes. Disney is always coming up with new and innovative ways to change and improve guest experiences. One new feature is Disney’s MagicMobile system. This system allows guests to use their smartphones as MagicBands or magic cards would be used. New to the MagicMobile system? Here’s everything you need to know.
What is MagicMobile and what does it do? MagicMobile is another contactless way for guests to access MagicBand features by using their smartphones. Guests will be able to use the complimentary MagicMobile system if they choose to. Guests can still use a MagicBand if they prefer but they are no longer complimentary. This is a great system for people who do not like to wear MagicBands or are notorious for losing them. Parents can also keep their children’s tickets and information on their smartphones. This system is found in the My Disney Experience App. The digital system can do several things, including:
- Entry to park with a valid park pass reservation. The MagicMobile pass can be scanned at park entry just like a MagicBand would.
- Disney PhotoPass photographers will scan MagicMobile pass to link photos.
- Attraction photos- Make sure to have Bluetooth turned on and be signed in to the My Disney Experience App for on-ride photos to be linked.
- Scanning for a Virtual Queue- If you have a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance you can use the MagicMobile pass to scan into the queue when your group is called.
- Parking at resort hotels- guests can scan mobile pass just as they would a MagicBand.
How do I get MagicMobile? First, you’ll want to make sure you have the My Disney Experience App. You will want to add the app to your smartphone’s digital wallet. Have park pass reservations and valid theme park tickets linked to your account.
- Open the My Disney Experience App and click on Disney MagicMobile Pass
- Tap “Set Up Pass”
- Pick your design
- Add to your digital wallet!
What is Express Pass? Express Pass is used when it comes time to scan into any park at the entrance. With Express Pass guests can tap their phone near the entry points without unlocking it. Guests can also share MagicMobile with members of their traveling party. The guest who receives the pass will just have to add it to their own digital wallet.
Can I still choose to use a MagicBand? Yes! guests can absolutely still choose to use a MagicBand. The only catch is that MagicBands are no longer complimentary.
So are you team MagicBand or team MagicMobile Pass?
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Will Our Favorite Large Parades be Returning to Disney? - July 28, 2021
- What is Still Closed Right Now at Disney World? - July 26, 2021
- Disney is bringing Back Many Entertainment Offerings this Summer! - July 21, 2021