You’re going to Walt Disney World! How exciting! There is so much to see and do, but waiting in long lines to ride the attractions doesn’t sound very magical to me!
That’s where Disney’s FastPass+ system comes into play. But you can’t just reserve whatever attractions you want all at the same time. There is a tier system, and I am here to explain all of the ins and outs of this system.
Let’s start with a quick overview of what the FastPass+ system is:
- Using the My Disney Experience app, you can reserve a time slot during which you can return to the attraction and ride it without waiting in the standby line (FastPass+ wait time is anywhere from 5 – 20 minutes).
- It is free to use with paid admission to one of the theme parks.
- You redeem your FastPass+ selection by touching your Magic Band or Theme Park ticket card at the touch point at the beginning of each attraction line.
- Not all attractions have FastPasses — only the ones with busier wait times.
When can you book your FastPass+ selections?
You can select your FastPasses starting at 7:00 a.m. EST on the date your window opens by going to the My Disney Experience section online [WDW website], or using the app on your smartphone or tablet.
When does my FastPass+ window open?
If you are staying in a Walt Disney World Resort owned and operated property you can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance of your check-in for your entire length of stay.
Guests staying at other select hotels also get this benefit.
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort Hotel
- Shades of Green on Walt Disney World Resort
- B Resort Located in the Walt Disney World Resort
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort
- DoubleTree Guest Suites in Walt Disney World
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs.
Guests staying off-site can make reservations up to 30days in advance of each day of their theme park visit.
My window is open, and I’m ready to make my FastPass+ selections, now what?
Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom have a tier system in place for the FastPasses. This is because some of the rides are main headliner attractions and the standby wait time is usually even longer for these rides. The tier system was put into place to allow more visitors the ability to get a FastPass for those headliner attractions. Magic Kingdom does not have a tier system.
Note: the number in parentheses next to the attraction name below is the minimum height requirement for that ride.
How does the tier system work?
Tier 1: You may select only 1 FastPass option from this grouping in advance for each day you have park tickets
Epcot Tier 1 Attractions and Entertainment
- Frozen Ever After
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Soarin’ Around the World (40”)
- Test Track Presented by Chevrolet (40”)
- Meet Disney Pals
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tier 1 Attractions
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Slinky Dog Dash Coaster
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tier 1 Attractions
- Avatar Flight of Passage (44”)
- Na’vi River Journey
Tier 2: If you get a tier 1 FastPass+ selection, you can choose 2 from these lists. If you do not get a tier 1 FastPass+ selection, you can select 3 from these lists.
Epcot Tier 2 Attractions and Entertainment
- Disney and Pixar – Short Film Festival
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE (40″)
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tier 2 Attractions and Entertainment
- Beauty and The Beast
- Disney Jr. Live on Stage
- Rock N Roller Coaster
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- MuppetVision 3D
- Star Tours (40″)
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (40″)
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tier 2 Attractions and Entertainment
- DINOSAUR (40″)
- Expedition Everest (44″)
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids (38″)
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals
- Primeval Whirl (48″)
- Rivers of Light
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure
Here are the FastPass selections available at Magic Kingdom. Remember, there is no tier system at this park. So, you can select 3 from the list.
- It’s a Small World
- Big Thunder Mountain (40″)
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Haunted Mansion
- Jungle Cruise
- Little Mermaid Ride
- Meet Ariel
- Meet Cinderella & Elena
- Meet Tiana & Rapunzel
- Meet Mickey Mouse
- Meet Tinkerbell
- Mickey’s Phillharmagic
- Monsters Inc., Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (38″)
- Space Mountain (44″)
- Splash Mountain (40″)
- The Barnstormer
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Winnie The Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
Tips to remember:
- Each person in your party is allowed 3 FastPass+ reservations each day for 1 park to start with.
- Once you use all 3 of your initial FastPasses, you are allowed to make an additional FastPass+ reservation.
- Once you use that fourth FastPass, you may make another reservation, and so on.
- These additional FastPass+ selections may be made on the app or at an in-park kiosk.
- The additional FastPass+ reservations can be used in another Walt Disney World park if you choose to park-hop.
Here is a FastPass+ Selection Guide to print out for easy reference.
Click here to download your free guide:WDW FP+ selection guide
Let’s book your magical vacation today! As an agent with Key to the World Travel, I can help you with everything from Disney Destinations, a cruise, a beach getaway or even a trip to Europe. Contact me today for your free, no-obligation quote at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow me on Facebook to hear about the latest Disney updates and travel tips! Or, you can fill out and submit the form below. I look forward to helping you plan the most magical vacation for you and your family.
Latest posts by Lynette Brown (see all)
- Run with Disney in the Castaway Cay Challenge! - May 16, 2019
- Avengers Assemble in Disney’s California Adventure - May 14, 2019
- Know Before You Go – Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland Resort - May 9, 2019