Did you know that Walt Disney World is the second largest purchaser of explosives in the Unites States behind the military? Why, you ask? One word: FIREWORKS! When visiting Disney, you’re sure to enjoy one or more of its fireworks shows. Guests often snag the perfect viewing spots hours ahead of time! But did you know there’s a better way to beat the crowds that flock to witness these magical spectacles? Fireworks cruises are popular options for many families looking to sit back, relax, and avoid the crowds! Here are several cruises that might work for you:
1. Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise – Who doesn’t love dessert AND fireworks? Guests who participate in this magical extra will check-in at Disney’s Ticket and Transportation Center where they’ll board the General Joe Potter ferryboat (which was named after a longtime Disney Legend). While you sail the Seven Seas Lagoon, you’ll enjoy sweet treats and specialty beverages perfect for all ages. You’ll even receive special “Mickey Vision” viewing glasses to help you witness some extra special magic during Magic Kingdom’s Happily Ever After fireworks show. Plus, there’s other fun activities like a glow-in-the-dark scavenger hunt where you’ll search for Hidden Mickey’s scattered throughout the ferryboat! This Sparkling Dessert Cruise takes place on most Fridays and Sundays and costs $99 for adults and $69 for children ages 3-9. You can book your cruise beginning 180 days in advance by logging into your My Disney Experience account or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
2. Pirates & Pals Fireworks Dessert Voyage – Ahoy, mateys! Young and old buccaneers alike will love this pirate-themed dessert cruise that ends in a special viewing of Magic Kingdom’s Happily Ever After fireworks. First, you’ll venture to Disney’s Contemporary Resort, where you’ll devour a tasty spread of treats like cotton candy, cake, pretzels, chips, fruit, and ice cream bars; you can even wash it down with some Pirate Punch! Then, you’ll come face-to-face with famous pirates Captain Hook and Mr. Smee during an interactive meet-and-greet! Afterwards, it’s anchors aweigh as you set sail with your ship captain and fellow-pirate, Patch, who will lead you in Disney trivia and sea chanteys. All of this pre-fireworks fun concludes with viewing the Happily Ever After fireworks show and, weather permitting, the Electrical Water Pageant! You can reserve this special pirate cruise starting 90 days in advance via your My Disney Experience account or by calling 407-WDW-DINE. Tickets cost $72 for adults and $43 for kids ages 3-9.
3. Specialty Fireworks Cruises – Would you prefer to charter your own boat to enjoy IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth or Happily Ever After? If so, a specialty cruise might be the perfect option! Guests wishing to book an IllumiNations cruise will get an up-close viewing spot from inside the World Showcase Lagoon right underneath the International Gateway Bridge. Two options are available for booking, both of which depart from Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort. First, guests can select a 21-foot pontoon boat, which accommodates up to 8 guests; prices start at $299 per hour plus tax. Additionally, a 25-foot pontoon boat is available for up to 10 guests with a price-point beginning at $349 per hour plus tax. For guests wishing to book a Happily Ever After fireworks cruise, they can also select one of these two pontoon boat options. However, for larger parties of up to 18 people, the Grand 1 Yacht, which measures 52 feet long, is available beginning at $399 per hour plus tax. Happily Ever After cruises set sail from the following marinas: Contemporary Marina, Polynesian Marina, Grand Floridan Marina, or Wilderness Lodge Marina (upon completion of its refurbishment). Guests can also request pickups from the Fort Wilderness Marina. Regardless of the specialty cruise, the price includes banners and balloons for special events, but these must be requested upon booking. Other special add-ons are available, such as butler service and private dining menu selections. Reservations are available by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.
Disney’s fireworks cruises will allow your family to experience Disney magic like never before! Which one will you choose?
Planning a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Want to plan a magical vacation to one of the Disney Destinations? I’m happy to guide you through the planning process! As a Travel Planner with MickeyTravels, I can book your package, make FastPass and dining reservations, and customize your vacation to fit your budget and needs. Please feel free to contact me at 1.888.300.0582, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019