The theme parks at the Disneyland Resort are reopening on April 30. Disneyland and Disney California Adventure have been closed since March of 2020 but they are finally reopening! We’ve got all of the details regarding tickets, attractions, and more!
Tickets & Reservations
Ticket sales will resume online beginning April 15, 2021. You will need a Disney account to purchase a ticket, and the 1-Day ticket calendar with validity dates will appear during your purchase to help you make your decision. The theme park reservation system will open no earlier than 8:00 AM Pacific Time on April 12, 2021, and Guests who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations. A park reservation is required along with valid admission for guests to enter a park.
Guests who purchase or have a Park Hopper ticket and an appropriate park reservation may visit the second park on the same day beginning at 1 PM. Guests with Park Hopper tickets must make a park reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting the other park. Please note that the ability to visit the other park will be subject to that park’s capacity limitations.
Take a look at Disneyland’s ticket pricing:
Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will both be open from 9 am to 7 pm when the parks first reopen. The Downtown Disney District will be open daily from 10 am to 8 pm.
Attractions Opening April 30
- Alice in Wonderland
- Astro Orbitor
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Disneyland Railroad
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Gadget’s Go Coaster
- Haunted Mansion
- Indiana Jones™ Adventure
- “it’s a small world”
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad Tea Party
- Main Street Vehicles
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – will utilize virtual queue
- Surprise Character Sightings
- Tarzan’s Treehouse
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Games of Pixar Pier
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Non-Swinging
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – Swinging
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Silly Symphony Swings
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Surprise Character Sightings
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Restaurants Opening April 30
- Bengal Barbecue
- Café Orleans
- French Market Restaurant
- Galactic Grill
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
- Ice Cream Carts
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
- Little Red Wagon
- Market House
- Milk Stand
- Mint Julep Bar
- Plaza Inn
- Red Rose Taverne
- River Belle Terrace
- Ronto Roasters
- Ship to Shore Marketplace
- Stage Door Café
- The Tropical Hideaway
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats
- Angry Dogs
- Award Wieners
- Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
- Cozy Cone Motel – Cones 1-3 (Churros, Ice Cream, Cone-coctions)
- Cappuccino Cart
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
- Flo’s V8 Cafe
- Ghirardelli® Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
- Hollywood Lounge
- Ice Cream Carts
- Lamplight Lounge
- Pacific Wharf Distribution Co.
- Poultry Palace
- Rita’s Baja Blenders
- Señor Buzz Churros
- Smokejumpers Grill
- Sonoma Terrace
- Studio Catering Co.
There will be plenty of magic to go around in different and new ways, including surprise appearances by favorite Disney friends!
You may come across some familiar faces as you wander Black Spire Outpost, including Rey, Chewbacca and Vi Moradi. They may be spotted above the speeder garage at Black Spire Station. Watch out for Stormtroopers, along with Kylo Ren himself, patrolling a platform where a TIE Echelon starfighter looms.
Favorite characters may be spotted throughout the day waving to visiting friends, posing in the background of photos and having fun playing in the parks. At Disneyland park, you may see Mickey Mouse and some of his pals from the steps of the Main Street, U.S.A. railroad station. Or perhaps they may be found outside their homes in Mickey’s Toontown, waving a friendly welcome to visitors of all ages.
You may also see Disney Princesses like Mulan or Belle at the Royal Theatre in Fantasyland or look to the beautiful balconies of New Orleans Square to catch sight of Captain Jack Sparrow. At Rancho del Zocolo in Frontierland, you might also catch intermittent appearances by Miguel from Disney and Pixar’s “Coco.”
Character sightings at Disney California Adventure park may include friends appearing at Carthay Circle and the Pixar Pier bandshell. Disney Junior stars, from Vampirina to Doc McStuffins, may say hello from the stage of the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
Only one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels will be reopening at this time. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will reopen on April 29. Room reservations will be available to book starting April 15. The Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen at a later date. Here are 5 things you’ll need to know if you plan on staying at Disney’s Grand Californian:
- Check-in online before you arrive to the hotel to save time, while also promoting physical distancing (you can even check-in online up to five days in advance!). A link to use the online check-in service will be emailed to you before your visit. If you don’t have a Disney account, you’ll need to create one at Disneyland.com to get started.
- Review the new Health & Safety Acknowledgement prior to your arrival. This is located on the Hotels “Know Before You Go” webpage.
- Once you arrive, if you have used the online check-in service and have agreed to receive text messages, you can receive a text message when your room is ready. Just stop by the Front Desk to pick up your key. For easy and contactless payments throughout your stay, you can pay for purchases at Disney-operated locations throughout the Resort using your hotel room key with a valid credit card on file. Other forms of cashless payment include debit cards, credit cards, Disney Gift Cards and tap-to-pay cards. Please check locations for the types of payment accepted.
- Download the Disneyland app, which will play a more important role than ever during your stay. It’s strongly encouraged to plan ahead and utilize mobile ordering for food and beverage purchases from select locations, as well as to check park hours, view maps and other important resort updates. Be sure to download ahead of time, and have your notification and location services turned on your phone.
- The morning of check-out, there is no need to visit the Front Desk, unless you receive a message or if you have a question. You will be automatically checked out for your convenience.
Just a reminder, both a theme park reservation and valid admission ticket for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up. Guests must have a valid theme park admission ticket in order to make a reservation. Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability and, until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks, and in groups no larger than 3 households, in line with current state guidelines.
For help with planning your next Disney vacation, contact me today! I am a travel agent specializing in Disney destinations and can help you plan a magical vacation at no extra cost to you!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Family Guide to Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure - September 1, 2021
- New Walt Disney World Annual Passes Available Sept. 8 - August 31, 2021
- Celebrate Moana for World Princess Week - August 25, 2021