On March 12th, 2021 – National Geographic and Disney+ released ‘Own the Room’. The documentary chronicles the journey of 5 incredibly inspiring and motivated people who are set out on changing the world. Santosh from Nepal, Alondra from Puerto Rico, Henry from Nairobi, Jason from Greece, and Daniela from Venezuela. These are only 5 of a large group of people who are representing their countries (and themselves) to win a $100,000 grand prize to help make their dreams become a reality.
Many of the entrepreneurs that you meet in the documentary come from a variety of struggles. Their ideas are unique, fresh, and require just that one shot to become a reality.
– Santosh from Nepal is simply looking to spark more joy – not only in just Nepal but potentially the entire world.
– Alondra from Puerto Rico is determined to breaking down the barriers for the deaf community.
– Henry from Nairobi is simply working to solve a much-needed gap in housing for people seeking an education.
– Jason from Greece uses technology to help parents and babies more easily communicate with each other.
– Daniela from Venezuela is ready for a cleaner and more efficient way to produce Nylon – without using fossil fuels.
Throughout the documentary, you find yourself cheering for every one of these contestants who are so determined on making a difference. Their energy is palpable and you become motivated just by watching their drive.
This documentary is great if you’re looking for a film to watch on a Friday night, or – if you’re looking for some way to motivate someone around you. I found myself wishing that someone had shown something like this to me when I was younger. It definitely opened up my eyes to what is going on outside of social media and chaotic news. So enjoy ‘Own The Room’ and let us know what you think about it!
- Celebrating the 15th Anniversary of Expedition Everest - April 9, 2021
- Everything We Know about the Disneyland Reopening - April 6, 2021
- Celebrate the 56th Anniversary of The Sound of Music with these 10 Facts! - April 2, 2021