The Disneyland Resort is planning to begin reopening next month! There will be changes when the resort reopens so let’s go over what you need to know before your next visit.
The Downtown Disney District will reopen July 9. Pending government approval, both Disneyland Resort parks will reopen July 17, and two of the three resort hotels will reopen July 23. Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will reopen with the Disneyland Hotel opening on a later date.
When the Disneyland Resort reopens, new health and safety measures will be implemented. These enhanced health and safety measures include:
- Enhanced Protective Measures: Face coverings for both Cast Members and Guests will be required, with the addition of hand-washing stations and physical barriers, where appropriate.
- Physical Distancing: Theme park capacity will be limited to enable physical distancing and appropriate signs will be added to help Guests move responsibly throughout the property.
- Temperature Checks: All Guests will undergo temperature screenings prior to entering the Downtown Disney District or the theme parks; in addition, health screenings and temperature checks will be required daily for Cast Members.
- Limited-Contact Enhancements: Cashless transactions are recommended and Cast Member and Guest interactions will be limited with helpful technology, including the expansion of Mobile Order in the Disneyland app, Apple Pay and more.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation: Disney will build upon its existing standards of cleaning with heightened protocols.
The Disneyland Resort will reopen with some important updates to promote physical distancing, including:
- Park Reservations: Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited to comply with governmental requirements and promote physical distancing, Disney will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all Guests, including Annual Passholders, to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
- New Ticket Sales: At this time, Disney is also temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Annual Passport sales and renewals. Additional details will be provided soon.
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort: Pending governmental approval, Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests will once again enjoy being immersed in the magic when Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, and Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reopen to Guests and members starting on July 23, 2020. The Disneyland Hotel will open at a later date. Plans to support physical distancing as well as increased cleaning measures, along with a number of other health and safety protocols, will be implemented as part of the phased reopening of the hotels and the Disney Vacation Club.
Upon reopening, certain theme parks, hotels, restaurants and other locations may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or even closure based on guidance from health experts and government officials. Furthermore, certain attractions, experiences, services and amenities will be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
Additionally, select attractions and certain experiences that draw large group gatherings—such as parades and nighttime spectaculars—will return at a later date. While character meet-and-greets will be temporarily unavailable, Characters will be in the parks in new ways to entertain and delight Guests. The Disneyland Resort will also have capacity measures in place, as well as limitations on parking and operating hours.
While the Disneyland Resort will be different when it first reopens, there will still be special magic to experience! If you’d like to plan a magical Disney vacation, contact me today! My name is Sara Solberg and I am a travel agent with Amazing Magical Adventures, a Disney Earmarked agency. I can help you plan a wonderful vacation at no extra cost to you!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Family Guide to Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure - September 1, 2021
- New Walt Disney World Annual Passes Available Sept. 8 - August 31, 2021
- Celebrate Moana for World Princess Week - August 25, 2021