When the famous Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue reopening at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground was announced, guests rejoiced! Their famous fried chicken is a big draw to this fun and unique dining experience! I mean, fried chicken really is the ultimate comfort food, and Disney does everything top-notch.
Recently, chef Julie Hrywnak and her amazing culinary team shared the famous fried chicken recipe. Can you believe that this culinary team prepares over 800 pounds of fried chicken each night? Chef Hywnak said of her team, “They really bring the culinary magic to the whole experience and enjoy the guests’ smiles and the energy in the room when the fried chicken is presented to the tables during the show.”
Even wonder how the food comes out at just the right time during the show? The show music actually runs through the kitchen speaker so that Cast Members can plate the food at just the right time. Chef Julie said, “Our cast love to sing along to the show as they prepare the country feast.”
Here are some of Chef Julie’s top tips for making fried chicken:
- The chicken only needs one really good coat of breading, do not over-bread
- Make sure the oil is between 325-350 degrees for that perfect crisp
- Have fun with this comfort food!
Without any further ado, here is the famous recipe!
Famous Fried Chicken from Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 medium chicken, cut into 2 legs, 2 breasts, 2 thighs, and 2 wings
- Canola oil, for frying
- Reserved brined chicken
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- Combine cold water, garlic powder, and coarse salt in a large glass bowl. Add cut up chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
FOR FRIED CHICKEN:
- With caution, heat 3 inches of oil in a heavy-bottomed pot until it reaches 350°F.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, salt, paprika, onion powder, and white pepper in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, making sure to fully coat each piece.
- Carefully place chicken in hot oil, working in batches if necessary. Cook chicken, turning once, 13-14 minutes for breasts, 9-10 minutes for thighs, 7-8 minutes for legs and wings, until all meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Carefully remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents.
Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
We hope you enjoy this famous recipe so kindly given out by Chef Julie Hrywnak.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- These 5 Disney Resorts Really Get into the Holiday Spirit! - November 7, 2022
- Spending the Holidays at Disney World- You Won’t Want to Miss These Experiences and Activities! - November 2, 2022
- Get to Know Your Favorite Spooky Haunted Mansion Characters! - October 31, 2022