It is September 22nd – which is National Ice Cream Cone Day! We all appreciate Ice Cream in its many forms but there is something about an Ice Cream Cone that makes you feel like a child again – and where better to feel like a child than at Walt Disney World! Now, you may be surprised that though many places serve ice cream throughout all the parks – not all serve them featuring the beloved “cone”. So, if you don’t see your favorite Ice Cream destination on the list – do not fret! We have specifically searched for Ice Cream CONES to guarantee that you find the crispy handle that brings the whole delicious dessert together.
To make this a fair list, we’ve picked one spot from each park and of course, Disney Springs. This way, no matter what WDW destination you plan on heading to, you have an Ice Cream Cone spot to head to!
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor – Magic Kingdom: Was this even a question?? We love an ice cream cone on a hot Florida day and nothing cools you down immediately than stepping inside the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. You can have a Double-scooped Ice Cream Cone with the flavor of your choosing at this option that is located right where it belongs – on Main Street USA!
- Hollywood Scoops – Hollywood Studios: Situated right next to the delicious Fairfax Fare, Hollywood Scoops is one of the preferred locations to get your cool treat at Hollywood Studios. Here you can grab a Hand-scooped Ice Cream Cone with the flavor(s) of your choosing – but maybe hold off on grabbing one before you hit Tower of Terror.
- L’Artisan des Glaces – EPCOT: Be still my heart, L’Artisan des Glaces is a place you need to experience for yourself. Like the Ice Cream purveyors above, there is plenty on their menu to try (*cough* Croque Glacé *cough*), but here you can find a waffle cone that is everything you need it to be during your trip around the World Showcase. Just make sure you put your Single Scoop or Double Scoop on a waffle cone and all will be well.
- Anandapur Ice Cream Truck – Animal Kingdom: The airflow in Animal Kingdom can be a bit slow, so if there is any place in the world that I crave an Ice Cream treat (other than Main Street U.S.A), it is at Anandapur. This Ice Cream Truck, first of all, is stunning and gives you plenty to admire while waiting in line or waiting for your treat. Here you can grab a Soft-serve Waffle Cone – which comes in flavors Vanilla, Chocolate or Twist – and really, isn’t that all you need?
- Salt and Straw – Disney Springs has an abundance of Ice Cream places. Normally I’d go for Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop but their “cone” options are lacking. That’s why, I direct you to Salt and Straw. This location is brand new and has flavors you know and love and flavors you may never see. A perfect place for you that hits every single time and has something new for the adventurous eater in your group!
Did we miss your favorite spot? Let us know which perfect parlor serves up your preferred cone!
Images: Disney / Walt Disney World
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- 8 Movies and Shorts to Enjoy on Mickey Mouse’s 95th Birthday! - November 17, 2023
- Step Into Disney’s True-Life Adventure History with these 7 Classic Documentaries - November 10, 2023
- 5 Ways to Celebrate 50 Years of Robin Hood at Walt Disney World! - November 7, 2023