Places to Escape the Crowds at Walt Disney World
A lot of planning goes into a Disney vacation, so by the time you actually get to the parks you want to fit everything in. However, there is so much to see and do at Disney World that even if you were there every day for a year you wouldn’t be able to experience it all.
So, with that being said, it is okay to take a few minutes to just sit down, enjoy your surroundings, take in the Magic, maybe nibble on a snack, and people watch.
There are great places to sit and relax in all four theme parks both inside and outside.
- Pinocchio Village Haus Restaurant – This restaurant has an upstairs, outside balcony that can be found empty most of the time. A great place to grab a snack, relax, and people watch.
- Tom Sawyer Island – A self-paced island adventure that rarely has a line. There are also rocking chairs where you can relax away from the crowds.
- Carousel of Progress – In this unique attraction you learn about the advances in history, such as the refrigerator, while your seats move through the four rooms. This is my second favorite attraction in all of Magic Kingdom. There is also rarely any line –relax and enjoy your time out of the sun.
- Hall of Presidents – Before the show browse the presidential artifacts and the only Presidential seal outside of the White House. The show will provide you with a comfy seat and AC!
- Any of the movies around World Showcase provide a nice escape from the Florida heat as well as an educational opportunity.
- France – After you cross the bridge into the France Pavilion there benches that provide a great spot to rest, enjoy a snack, and people watch.
- Living with the Land – This gentle boat ride, found in the Land Pavilion, takes your through amazing greenhouses provide you with the opportunity to rest without having to wait in a long line.
- Showcase Lagoon – All along the lagoon there are seats and benches that provide you with a great place to eat your snacks from around the World, people watch, and just relax while taking in your surroundings.
- Spaceship Earth – Journey through history and Epcot’s iconic geosphere. This attraction gives you 16-minutes to relax and maybe even learn something.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
There are so many shows at the Studios that can provide you with a nice place to take in the air conditioning and/or shade and rest your legs, but there are also other great places to take a break.
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy — Enjoy the show as you watch Lightning McQueen race on a simulator filled with entertainment.
- One Man’s Dream – Learn about Disney World and Land’s history before watching a short movie about Walt Disney and how his dreams came true.
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage – This retelling of the Disney fairytale is an amazing show, which you can enjoy from the comfort of your seat.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Festival of the Lion King – Rest your feet and enjoy this festival style celebration of the beloved movie that features song, dance, acrobatics, and floats.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – After you make it through the line board the safari vehicle for a relaxing close-up with some animals.
- The Train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch – Board the short, yet relaxing train ride that transports you to Rafiki’s Planet Watch and shows you the back side of things, you can see where the animals sleep at night.
- Conversation Station – Here there are rooms that will immerse you in the sounds of the rain forest. Sit back and relax.
- The Boneyard – Here at this giant playground in Dinoland USA you can relax while the little ones burn off some excess energy.
So remember, you don’t have to be rushing from one thing to the next all day long – take some time to relax and actually enjoy your vacation.
Moving to Orlando: Also, feel free to contact me if you’re thinking about moving to the Orlando area. I’m a realtor in the area and can help you find a home near Walt Disney World! Visit my website at Kevin Luxury Homes or email me.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- Fun Facts about the Gingerbread Displays at Disney World - December 11, 2022
- Sugar Rush Needs to Replace Tomorrowland Speedway in the Magic Kingdom - December 11, 2022
- Fun Facts about the Holiday Decor at Disney World - December 10, 2022