Usually, the question of whether or not to visit Walt Disney World would be a no-brainer. Of course, every Disney lover wants to visit their beloved theme parks as often as possible! However, in the wake of a terrible global pandemic and after being shut down for months, Disney World might not feel exactly like the Disney we all know and love right away. So the million-dollar question is…should you just wait until next year to visit Walt Disney World? Let’s break down the pros and cons and see if visiting this year, or waiting until next year is right for you.
1. Lighter Crowd- Probably the best thing about visiting Disney World soon after reopening would be the light crowds due to the reduced capacity the parks will be operating at in order to ensure social distancing. Fewer guests mean fewer lines, less competition for dining, and more opportunities to do and see as much of the parks as possible. The already top-notch customer service will probably even be more out-of-this-world with fewer guests.
2. You Could Probably Use a Vacation- Let’s face it, the past few months have been exhausting for many of us. Living in uncertain times can be stressful, and what better way to release stress than a vacation to the most magical place on Earth?
3. It’s DISNEY WORLD! You know what they say, “your worst day at Disney is still better than your best day NOT at Disney!” While it may not feel the exact same as it did the last time you were there, Disney is still Disney and it will still be magical. Many of us have been waiting to return to our happy place, and won’t mind the extra rules and regulations once we catch the first sight of that glorious castle!
1. Health and Safety- Of course in the aftermath of a terrible global pandemic, safety is going to be a major concern for many of us. Disney has definitely come up with multiple measures and is taking lots of necessary precautions to stop the spread of COVID-19, but of course, it will be up to every person and his or her family to make decisions regarding personal health and safety.
2. New Rules and Regulations- To protect Cast Members and park guests, Disney will be implementing new safety precautions and rules. Among other new rules, face coverings will be mandatory for all guests 2 and older, ride queues will be modified to ensure social distancing, restaurants may be operating at limited capacity and you will need both valid park admission and a park reservation to enter any of the parks. There will definitely be some changes that may take getting used to. Just remember, these changes are temporary.
3. Some Experiences Will Be Missing- Keep in mind, to ensure proper social distancing, some experiences and attractions may not be immediately included. Parades and nighttime shows will be included in the missing experiences for the time being, along with character meals and the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Overall, every family must make a personal decision based on what is right for them. Every family is different and there really is never a right or wrong time to visit Disney World!