Florida heat is brutal. Mix the heat with Florida humidity and you have a recipe for disaster if you don’t have a plan. Disney World is a popular destination for many people in the summer and with the right preparation, even in the hottest weather you can still have that magical vacation we all dream about!
- Take Breaks!– The middle of the day is the worst time for the heat. Go to the parks in the morning and head back to your resort to swim or to relax for the afternoon, and then head back in the evenings when the sun has gone down. Your happiness and the happiness of those vacationing with you depends on this!
- Shows/Rides- Find the shows & rides that take place inside, be sure to schedule time to go see/ride them! You will get 20-30 minutes inside the air and it will give you enough time to rejuvenate yourself to continue for the day.
- Sun Protection- Sunscreen, hats, etc– Make sure you protect yourself from the sun. Nothing ruins a vacation like a bad sunburn!
- Drink Water– Did you know that any counter services throughout the park will give you water for FREE! We bring water bottles and fill them up continuously throughout the day. Staying hydrated= a cooler body!
- Come prepared- Misting fans , stroller fans, cooling towels, ponchos! Anything that will help cool you down, bring it with you! Ponchos won’t keep you cool but they will keep you dry from the sudden downpours that happen almost daily in Florida.
- Water Attractions – Splash Mountain, Kali River Rapids, Casey Jr. Splash n Soak Station to name a few. Visit them and enjoy them! You will also find misting stations for quick relief. Maybe even plan a day to spend at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon for an entire day of water fun
- Make a Plan Summer months are busy, figure out what attractions are Must Do’s and prioritize them. Use a Disney Travel Agent, like MickeyTravels, who can help you create an itinerary that best suits your family’s needs.
What are some of your tips to survive Disney World in the summer?
Are you planning to take a summer vacation to Disney World? Take advantage of the current summer offer and Contact me at email@example.com or find me on Facebook for my 100% FREE vacation planning services.
PHOTO CREDIT: DISNEY
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019